Chapter.20

There are things in life that you never want to forget ever, and then there are others that you are so desperate to forget. And most times, all those types of things stay with you.

The things you don't wanna forget stay with you because you place them in your long term memory and you reminisce them from time to time.

The things you wanna forget stay with you because even if you don't want them, they somehow crawl up your mind and you find yourself thinking about them. And as if thoughts are not enough, they squeeze themselves into your dreams, turning them into nightmares, just so you would think about them.

And when you finally get rid of such thoughts, push them to the back of your mind so that they could be forgotten, reality sets in and they now leave your thoughts to come into your real life.

They make you ask whoever is willing to listen why life is so unfair.

Why you can't just have a peaceful life like everyone else? Although others too have their own problems, but that's beside the point.

The things you don't want stay with you or in my case, the people. They unknowingly crawled their way back into my life like demons set to destroy me.

And I found myself asking why I just couldn't drown those demons? Oh yeah because they know how to swim.

The Horans were my demons. I left their lives. They hurt me and hurt me and hurt me until I was numb to pain. Until I met an angel, Zayn, who helped through everything they put me through and made me see life in a different perspective.

Later on, I found someone -Harry-who was interested in my fucked up self and they still managed to crawl and almost destroyed that, just like demons. Luckily, Harry came back and instead of numbing the pain like I had done when my demons hurt me that first time, I had a shoulder to lean on.

I had Harry to tell me that it was all okay. That it will be okay. And he was right, it was okay.

Then when I had made a name for myself from so much difficulty and struggles, they crawled in my life again, just like demons.

But this time, I had the upper hand. They were here for help and I was here to grant them that help. This time around, they were already waist deep in the middle of an ocean and I had the rescue boat. This time I would drown them if I wanted to. The waters were too deep for them even if they are the best swimmers around. I mean they could try to swim but how long would it take until they give up because there's no sign of land anywhere? Except for my rescue boat which would be the only way they would reach land.

It was a bad situation but sitting here in a pub and drowning pint after pint while thinking, I realised that the Horans wouldn't hurt me because they were coming for help.

After Matt had told me, I had told him that I would get back to him and rushed out because the mere thought of them in my life again made my blood boil. I went to a pub and began drowning myself in alcohol.

It had been four hours since I rushed out and I knew that I was pissed drunk now.

I stood up and slid money to the bartender then I stumbled my way outside but I was too drunk, I couldn't even locate where I had parked my car.

I sighed and fished for my phone from my pocket. I had to squint my eyes to see the screen and I called the first person's contact I recognized.

I leaned against a random car and waited for him to pick up.

"Niall! Baby, where are you? I've been going crazy looking for you." Harry's voice rung through my phone and I giggled.

"You are s-so sweet. You are looking for m-me?"