Things You Do For Friends

Willow's POV

"So we're ready then?"

It looks right, this should work.

"It seems authentic enough. The last urn of Osiris, this is it."

"And we're really gonna do this?"

I look up from the urn at Xander.

"We all agreed to this. You can't back down."

"But we were just talking then and... and we're talking about bringing Buffy back, from the dead."

"Yes we are... to help Faith."

I put the urn carefully on the table.

"This is kind of extreme for the help department don't you think? We're talking about raising the dead. We should... maybe we haven't... there has to be something we haven't tried that could help Faith."

"There isn't. We've tried everything... Faith just doesn't want our help. She doesn't want anyone's help."

Anya tries to help her boyfriend.

"Well maybe Giles can..."

"Giles can't do anything, he's tried. There's only one person on this entire planet who can help Faith, and that's Buffy. We have to bring her back."

"I know but... Tara, you agree with us don't you?"

We all look at Tara, sitting a few feet from me, head in her hands in deep thought.

"F-Faith she... s-she..."

"Tara?"

"S-she tried to kill h-herself..."

Xander and Anya all but go into shock at Tara's words.

"I... what?"

"She what?"

I think I hear Tara sob so I step in.

"Faith tried to kill herself."

"W-when?"

"Last night..."

Xander gets up and starts pacing in a panic.

"Well I... I mean how? W-why? D-did she... did she say why?"

I take a deep breath.

"She said she couldn't live, knowing what she'd lost. She said she felt so horrible that there was only one way to make it stop."

"Well I... how did she...? I thought she locked herself in her room."

"She did she... she must've come down from her room while Joyce was resting and took a knife from the kitchen. We found her in her room with a knife against her wrist. If we hadn't been there she, she might have..."

I can't even finish the sentence.

"But you were there, right? I mean she's gonna be okay, isn't she? You stopped her before she could... oh god..."

"Yes, we stopped her before she did any real damage to herself. That doesn't mean she's out of the woods, she's still hurting. Things could get really bad really quickly and if it happens again... I don't know that... we might not be able t-to..."

Xander goes to sit down but stops and paces again.

"Okay so... I, what's the p-plan?"

I pick up the urn of Osiris.

"This IS the plan Xander. Buffy is the only person who can keep Faith from hurting herself. I know it, you know it, and most of all Joyce knows it. I spoke to Joyce and she said she's okay with what we're doing."

Xander finally calms down enough to sit on his couch next to Anya again.

"Do we have everything we need? For the spell I mean."

I shift the urn in my hands.

"Yes... I mean almost. There, there's one more thing I have to get before... we should be ready by tomorrow night. We should meet at Buffy's grave before midnight. I'll give you copies of the spell so you know what to say."

"Okay, we'll meet there before midnight."