Secret

Spike's POV

I wonder if she's home.

I try and look in the windows from my position 20 feet away but the curtains are all up.

I've been trying to keep away from this house for a while now, after the resurrection spell I figured there'd be bad mojo wherever the slayers went, and I'm pretty sure I was right. I don't know any of the specifics exactly, just some rumours I heard from the demons I play poker with when I get bored of killing them.

Something about a big bad evil rising up to open a door with a key or something and something about a giant snake, I really shouldn't get so bloody drunk when I'm playing for kittens. I never win and there's always the migraine in the morning. Ah well, at least no one can say I haven't had any fun.

I get a little closer to the house as I hear a noise.

Of course now I'm wondering if she's all right.

There's another noise and I can tell it's coming from behind the house. My curiosity gets the better of me and I make my way quietly around to the back of the house. I only get about half way though before the niblit runs into me, knocking her down.

"Dawn, what the bloody hell are you doing out here so late?"

She gets up and starts walking away from the house.

"Stay away from me Spike."

Well that can't be good.

I start to walk after her.

"You all right there niblit?"

"Leave me alone."

I stop to get her attention.

"Right then, I'll just head on up to the house and tell big sis you've scampered off."

That makes her stop and turn around.

"Don't Spike..."

She comes right up to me and grabs me by the coat.

"Don't you, dare."

"Well then, you should probably tell me what you're up to and maybe I won't."

She stares me right in the eyes.

That would be one fierce stare if it were coming from her sister. What is going on with this bird?

"They're lying to me."

Lying to her?

She lets go of my coat and starts walking again.

"Lying to you about what?"

I go after her when she doesn't stop.

"I don't know, but I'm going to find out."

She shouldn't be out here at night like this, some baddy could snatch her up right quick.

I look back at the Summers house as we get out of range.

I know she'd hate me even more if I didn't try and protect the kid.

I go back to watching Dawn motor it to wherever she's off to.

Plus there's obviously something going on with the pint-size Summers girl, could get her into heaps of trouble if she isn't careful. I'm guessing that being careful ain't on her mind right now. She needs someone to look out for her and I guess I'm the elected party, what with her apparent aversion to the people in the house she just snuck out of.