Death Was My Gift, And You Sent It Back For Credit

Faith's POV

"The place is just around the corner."

"Uh-hun..."

Okay here we go, B and I doing the slaying thing. Getting back to the routine of what we enjoy. It's gonna be great. The two of us back to back, fists flying, vamps dusting, everything a girl could want for a romantic day out. I should try to make conversation or something.

"Your mom was kinda harsh earlier don't you think?"

"Yeah well she can be that way sometimes."

"She's never been that way with me. She's always been really nice to me."

"You're not her daughter."

"No, I'm not. Felt like it though, when you were... you know. She took care of me like I was part of her... part of your family. It felt like I had a real mother, which is weird cause I never really had a real mother in the traditional sense. She was too busy passing out and overdosing on ecstasy to be any kind of mother."

I suddenly notice Buffy isn't paying any attention to me. She stops and turns to me, pointing at one of the buildings.

"Is that it?"

I look at the boarded up house.

No direct sunlight, abandoned type décor, on the right street.

"Yeah I'm pretty sure that's the place."

"Fine, let's go."

She starts walking to the house with purpose and I follow.

"Hey uh, I'm all for rushing in half-cocked and all, but don't you wanna, I dunno, have a plan or something?"

"Nope."

Okay...

We walk up to the front door and she kicks it in. We go in as the sounds of vampires scattering make me smile.

"Rise and shine people..."

I look at Buffy to finish the line. She just rolls her eyes at me.

Aww it's no fun if she doesn't play along.

A couple of vamps come at us.

Okay, time for some good old fashion therapeutic violence.

I hit the vamp in the mouth as he comes at me and he wobbles a bit on his feet. I spin around for a roundhouse kick which takes him off his feet long enough for a second vamp to attack me. I block a triad of punches, catching the third one to twist it behind his back.

I look at B who seems to be handling two vamps pretty well.

"Looks like you haven't lost your touch B."

I kick my vamp hostage in the ass and he crashes into a third vamp coming my way as the first one gets up.

"Yeah, good to know being dead doesn't take the edge off."

Was that a joke? I haven't heard her crack a joke since... Ow!

A vamp clocks me in the face from the side, knocking me down.

Damn it...

I throw my leg out to sweep his legs out from under him. I crawl over and stake him quickly as the first vamp regroups and comes at me. I kick him in the gut, making him stumble long enough for me to get up, spin around and stake him. A couple of vamps get dusty from Buffy's violent outbursts as I look around for any more vamps.