Dawn

Dawn's POV

They're at it again. The moaning and groaning and pounding from the next room is starting up again and I just know they're doing it again. How long are they gonna keep going like that? I bet they know I can hear them and these last few times were just to make me insane. Buffy's always doing that, making me crazy. I should just go over there and interrupt them just to bug the crap out of her. She'd do it to me if I was having crazy naked sex with some girl.

But then, Buffy would never let me get close enough to a girl to have crazy naked sex with one. Not that I wanna have crazy naked sex with a girl... well maybe once, when I'm in college or something just to see how it feels. And when Buffy's too much of an old lady slayer to stop me. But until then I'm in strictly an all-boys state of mind. Not that either Buffy or Faith would let me get close enough to a guy, even if I wanted to. Which I don't.

Oh wait, I think they've stopped. Now maybe I can get some sleep. Ugh, I was wrong. I guess they were just taking a 30 second breather or something. God, I know they both have slayer endurance and all that but don't they have to sleep at some point? I know some of us would like to. I should go in there and break up the Slayer Sexcapades. But then again maybe I shouldn't I mean, they've been going through a rough patch lately what with all the Buffy coming back from the dead drama.

It certainly didn't help things between them. I don't know what happened exactly. They don't tell me stuff. All I know is Faith spent the last few nights on the couch. But what about me? My sister dying wasn't exactly fun for me either. When she died? I cried so much I didn't think I'd ever stop, Faith just started killing things with her bare hands. She was so insane, going out every night the way she did. Maybe even more insane then when she killed people for the mayor.

She wouldn't even talk to me. She'd run off every time I tried. Then she went and locked herself in her room for like, ever. I tried to talk to her even then and she just shut me out. She wouldn't even open the door to talk to me. Then, next thing I know, Buffy's back from the dead.

You know Faith wasn't such a bad person way back when, before she went insane. I remember back when Faith came to Christmas dinner that time. She got me the coolest little necklace thing, it was a silver one with a small cross. She kept saying how crappy the gifts were but I loved it. She got Buffy a mood ring, which was just so ironic cause of how Buffy's mood is always changing moment to moment.

Oh man, I spent so much time reminiscing I almost didn't notice there hasn't been any noise from next door in like a whole minute. I might actually get to sleep before 3am.

I curl up in my bed and close my eyes.

They must've gotten too tired and passed out or something. I just hope they stay that way long enough to let me get some decent sleep. The second one of them wakes up I just know they're gonna wake me up with the noises they make.

Willow's POV

I can't believe Tara's not home yet. Joyce and I searched everywhere for the three of them. I even did a locator spell but it went all wonky. That just makes me feel even worse about her not being here. Joyce dropped me off before going home herself. Buffy and Faith will come home eventually, as will Tara. Plus Joyce got really tired and I gotta admit I'm tired myself.

I just don't think I can sleep without her. We haven't spent a night away from each other since we realized just how we felt for each other. Then again, I don't know if I could sleep even if she was here. The way she left earlier fills me with dread. What if she never gets over it? What if Tara leaves me because of the spell? I, I couldn't stand that. She's my whole world. If she left me I'd just, I'd go insane.

I can't let her leave me.

The doorknob turns and the door opens.

"Tara?"

She walks through the door.

"Yeah, it's me."

Oh thank god.

"Where have you been?"

"O-Out..."

"Where? Where did you go? I looked everywhere I could think of but you weren't there."

"I know I, I needed some time to think."

Time to think?

"About what?"

"It's not important."

"But I... Tara I was worried."

"I know, I'm sorry."

"Well, where did you go? Cause, I tried a locator spell but, it didn't work. And then, I tried that lost spell we made so we could find each other if we ever got separated but, it didn't work either."

"I know."

"You know?"

"I used a deflector spell."

"A deflector spell? What's that?"

"It's anti-magic. I used it to keep you from finding me."

"W-I... why would you wanna do that? I thought, I thought something might have happened to you. Something really bad."

"It's like I said, I needed time to think. And I figured you'd use magic to find me so I used the anti-magic to stay hidden."

Why hasn't she looked at me since she came through the door?

"Well, where did you learn anti-magics?"

"Mr. Giles showed me."

Giles?

"But why?"

"Well, back when we were researching the resurrection spell for Buffy, I realized there was no way I was going to catch up to you in the magic department. So I asked Mr. Giles to help me learn some anti-magic in case of emergency."

"Emergency?"

What kind of emergency could we have?

"In case we came up against someone with stronger magic than us. We'd need a way to protect ourselves."

"Oh, but... why use it on me?"

"Look can we just, go to bed right now and maybe talk about this another time? I'm really tired."

"Uh yeah, okay..."

We crawl into bed together and I put my arm around her.

I have to find a way to make things better between us and I have to find it soon or Tara's gonna leave me.