Tomorrow

Faith's POV

I stretch out in bed and yawn as I wake up.

Another wonderful day, in this wonderful world, with the most wonderful woman in it.

I open my eyes.

Who isn't here.

I rub my eyes to wake up a little more.

Her side of the bed is cold. She must've been up for a while. Why didn't she wake me up?

I run a hand through my hair, still a little curly from last night from when I got all pretty for her and she shot me down.

Don't be mad at her. She only shot me down because she's going through something. If this had been any other day, she would've had me half way to happy land before the 10 minute mark of her walking through the door.

I stand up and stretch a bit more in the morning sun.

But it wasn't any other day, it was last night, and today is this morning and today is the day I make everything better. Today is the day my lover returns to me. The day she tells me what's been bothering her and I help her deal, no matter what I have to do.

I take my bra and panties off as I move to the dresser and put new clothes on.

Buffy has given so much to me. She made me believe in love even when there was no reason to, even when I didn't want to. Buffy believed in me too.

I pull on my white muscle shirt and slip into my red leather pants. I stretch one last time before heading downstairs.

She believed in me when no one else would, and now I have to do the same for her.

I reach the bottom of the stairs and turn towards the great smells coming from the kitchen.

Joyce must be cooking breakfast. God knows Buffy could never make something that smells that good.

I walk into the kitchen and again I'm faced with the sight of Buffy sitting at the breakfast bar with a cup of o.j. in her hands, staring down at it. Joyce on the other hand is standing at the stove, flipping pancakes for I'm assuming both of us. I smile as Joyce notices me.

"Morning."

I move into the kitchen more to sit down next to Buffy.

"Morning."

I sit next to Buffy and she doesn't respond, again.

"Hey B..."

"Hey..."

I got a response. A response that didn't require her to answer a question, that's good.

"So why didn't you wake me up?"

I'm not making it into a thing, I'm just asking.

"Figured I'd let you sleep."

Oh, well that makes sense. Of course she's completely lying to me about letting me sleep. She's never lied to me before... except for that one time when I was evil, but she had good reason to lie to me then, and technically speaking it was more Angel lying to me than Buffy. But Buffy never lied to me since we've been together. Why would she start now?

Joyce comes over and puts a plate of pancakes down in front of me.

"Thanks."

"No problem, how many would you like Buffy?"

Joyce goes back to the stove to make some more.

"It's okay, I'm fine. Thanks."

"Are you sure? I don't mind making a few for you if you want."