Courage

Everything went fine after you woke up. It took a while for you to be asleep again after what Hank said. He surely would never say those things if you were around, he cares about your feeling regardless of his depression that often consumes him. You're still a bit overwhelmed about that, you think you could do more for him. You want to make your godfather happy again, but unfortunately you can't that all on your own. You can't promise yourself to be the best goddaughter ever, because you're human. And humans fail, you took notice of that you can't be pleasant all the time.

You were at DUAT, doing the usual. In the classroom, you were analyzing androids parts, identifying each component and biocomponent and writing them down. You're very good at it, maybe one of the best of your class. While studying you heard someone run down the hall, a young man at the door suddenly exclaimed, a bit tired "Guys!.. You need to see this...!"

Everybody stood up, you decided to follow them to see what's going on. Curious and maybe concerned, you all headed to the main hall, where a large television was on display for news channels and student advertisement. When you got there something was different, there was a male android  with his synthetic skin deactivated, calmly and determinedly speaking to whole Detroit.

"...Therefore, we ask that you grant us the rights we're entitled to." The android was saying. "We demand strictly equal rights for humans and androids. We demand freedom of speech, and freedom of assembly, as guaranteed by the first amendment for US Constitution."

What the hell is that? What's happening...?

" We demand fair compensation for our work. We demand the right to vote and elect our own representatives. We demand control of all android production facilities, to ensure the continuation of our people. We ask that you recognize our dignity, our hopes and our rights. Together, we can live in peace and build a better future, for humans and androids. This message is the hope of a people. You gave us life. And now the time has come for you to give us freedom."

The television switched to the news, everybody was shocked, there was whispers everywhere. You have never seen this before, it seemed serious. You sighed, and questioned yourself why this wasn't settled before. Why androids couldn't be treated respectfully right at the beginning? They're smarter, they're faster, and more rational than all humans... Apparently the answer is right there. You wanted to think more about it, but you just brushed it away. You and all students got back to their regular activities.

At the end of the day, Connor was looking for you to give back your umbrella. He went to the cafe you worked for. He walked down the street and entered the establishment, the place was pretty cozy: a bookshelf and chairs for reading, tables and a great amount of intellectual people using laptops while eating some desserts with latte. Connor walked over to the clerk, a blonde woman wearing glasses.

"Excuse me," Connor said. "I'm looking for (Y/N) (L/N). Is she here?"

"No. She left earlier."

"Do you know where she went?"

"Uh, i'm not sure... She said she needed to practice or somethin'. Maybe she's at college."

"Okay. Thanks."

While Connor followed the instructions to find you, you were alone at practicing room. After missing the same step several times, Mr. Fillerman told you to practice on your solo on your own, so you could improve without disturbing the group practice. You didn't complain, though. It's better for you to dance alone, for your sake. But in the meantime you question yourself if you can make it until deadline.

After asking a few people where the practice room is, and entering the wrong room 3 times at least, Connor finally found the right practice room. You were distractedly dancing when the android opened the door, the room wasn't as big as the others, but it was roomy enough.