Hope

You felt the fresh and icy air invade your bedroom through the window, blowing the white curtains. You didn't mind, though. For the first time, the cold felt good for a change.

It was a cloudy and snowy day, but it doesn't feel cloudy. Nothing seems cloudy right now as they did before. You had a tranquil sleep. And at the moment you just had a conversation with one of your college friends on your phone. After hanging up, you grabbed your jacket and checked your hair before leaving.

The streets were practically empty, just a few people walking around, minding their business. You took a cab and waited to arrive to your destination. You felt anxious, but in a good way. Staring at the horizon passing by, you chuckled at some of your thoughts as your cheekbones grew pinkish.

You decided to get out of the cab when you saw a certain individual in the long distance. He seemed distracted. A snow shower fell incessantly, but in a way it gave beauty to the environment around you. 

The android was so immersed in his own thoughts that he didn't even notice your approaching steps, and he was easily surprised to hear you call him.

"Hey, Robocop!" You sweetly smiled.

The android didn't say a thing--his expression softened. It was enough to say that he was happy to see you. You both got closer, and kindly held each other's forearms for a few seconds.

You gestured your head to the side. "Let's go?"

And you both started walking together, side by side. It wasn't long before you arrived at Chicken Feed, spotting the 53-year-old gray-haired man waiting for you both. It stopped snowing. The sun was finally shinning on you, walking hand in hand to the older man who, upon seeing you two, let a hopeful smile leave his lips.

 The sun was finally shinning on you, walking hand in hand to the older man who, upon seeing you two, let a hopeful smile leave his lips

You and Connor smiled at each other, then at the man. As you approached your dear godfather, he pulled you both into in a warm embrace filled with hope.

From that moment on you felt that everything was fine. The fear of the night before had left Detroit, and a brand new day was about to begin.

It was a memorable happy moment.

~~~~

short, but meaningful

i like how the ambiance of that scene is so light, it gives you the feeling of true hope and calm

see ya on the final chapter <3