Alive

I'm really sorry for delaying this chapter. I didn't feel like writing recently, and i've been helping a friend with her book :b

This last Wednesday (February 5th) was my birthday, I got a new laptop so I had to make a backup on the old one. My classes will come back next Monday, so I decided to publish the chapter now because I believe I won't have as much time as before starting next week, lol!

But anyways, here's the drama y'all have been waiting for~~

~~~~~~~~

Inside Jericho, Connor has found multiple androids hinding themselves from the war. His main objective right now is to find Markus and don't draw attention. He recognized some familiar faces from previous investigations, and those were the ones he should avoid most.

As he wandered around somethings reminded him of you, such as the biocomponents you were studying previously, or some android limbs laying around. He snapped himself out of his thoughts, thinking how creepy he'd sound if he said this kind of thing out loud. But he can't focus on that right now. If he decided to worry more about his issue with you than about his mission, he would put everything to waste now.

This may seem selfish, he thought, but lives are in danger. And your mission, technically, is to save those lives. He cannot put them at risk, any more than they probably are. Many are fleeing, and this is chaos that only Connor can stop.

"You're lost."

He froze. It couldn't be someone he knew, the voice sounded too broken. Then he found out that it was a female android who spoke to him.

"You're looking for something..." She looked into his brown chocolate eyes. He'd say that he could even feel her empty eyes penetrate something in him. Her voice certainly wasn't the only broken thing about her. Her appearance was also broken: her head was open, cables falling off, dirty skin and dirty clothes. "... You're looking for yourself."

Myself?

There wasn't  much struggle for the deviant hunter to find the deviant leader's hideout. He has been watching everything from afar since he entered the ship. With his observant eyes and his attentive ears, he managed to listen to Markus conversation with his partner. In his thoughts, he wondered why their interactions were so intimate, and if they really developed romantic feelings for each other. He thought that was kind of impossible to happen.

It's not time to think about social relationships. He remembered: Amanda, still his handler, called for him from the Zen Garden. And in matter of seconds, there he was.

"Well done, Connor." She said. Her face was monotonous as always. " You succeded in locating Jericho and finding their leader. Now deal with Markus. We need it alive."

Obviously due to the recent events, Amanda does not fully place her trust in Connor. But he is still willing to prove her that is completely capable of doing what he was meant to do since the beginning. In fact, one of the reasons for being so committed to his mission at this point is that, deep down, he doesn't want to be shut down forever. The idea of failing at something he was made (literally) to do, unconsciously hurts his ego. Isn't that ironic? An android like Connor having such a sensitive professional ego?

Connor grabbed his gun firmly, and approached Markus when he was by himself.

"I've been ordered to take you alive," He said as he pointed the gun at the leader, which slowly turned around to face him. "but I won't hesitate to shoot if you give me no choice."

"What are you doing?" Markus puzzled. "You are one of us... You can't betray your own people!"

It is now time for Connor to defend himself from Markus' words. As a deviant, it was obvious that he would try to persuade him at any time.