Chapter 23- Date Night

For the past ten minutes, I'd been staring blankly at my wardrobe filled with the most elegant selection of dresses. However, I just couldn't seem to pick out a single one to wear.

Knowing my husband and his luxurious lifestyle, it was most likely that he had an upscale restaurant in mind tonight for our dinner. So, I opted for a fancier look. 

A devious smirk began to form on my lips as a champagne-colored designer dress caught my attention. Although it hung in the back of the closet, the sparkly studs were impossible to notice.

Oh, and did I also mention that it had a completely open back and quite low of a neckline?

Charlotte had bought it for me back when we were in college. Her aunt worked for the company that designed it, so she was able to get a discount.

Tonight would be the perfect occasion to wear it. I normally never wore revealing clothing, but for some reason, I just felt extra bold and daring at the moment.

So, I grabbed the dress, and with a confident smile plastered on my face, marched towards the bathroom. I knocked on the door and Derek opened it, his hair dripping wet with only a towel wrapped around his waist.

My eyes betrayed me as they wandered down his perfectly sculpted body when I was interrupted by the sound of him clearing his throat.

"What do you need?", he asked.

I immediately glanced up at him and could feel a blush beginning to creep on my cheeks. His eyes shone with amusement.

"Get out. I have to change," I said abruptly, pushing him out the door.

"But my clothes-"

Out of mischief, I threw Derek's trousers, gray dress shirt, and boxers at his chest, leaving him utterly speechless as they landed on the ground.

He was about to open his mouth to say something, but I just gave him a sweet smile before shutting the door in his precious face.

"Fuck you, Claire," I heard him grumble. A proud smirk formed on my lips, and I couldn't help but burst out laughing.

Jeez, where was the love in this relationship?

After I finished putting on some mascara,  lipstick, and my favorite pair of dangly silver earrings, I began to head downstairs. 

I admit, I felt like a fierce lioness in this striking gown. I was always used to dressing in modest clothing, but going for a different look every now and then couldn't hurt.

After strapping on my heels, I went outside where Derek was waiting with his BMW in the driveway.  He was talking on the phone, but when he turned around to look at me, I was not at all prepared to be greeted by the fiery glare that read pure outrage in his blue eyes.

Uh oh.

He hung up the phone, placing it in his back pocket before approaching me with long, quick strides.

"You look very hand-,"

"Shut up!", he snarled at me. I gulped nervously.

"What's wrong?", I asked cautiously, wincing at his loud tone.

"Your fucking dress! What the hell are you wearing?", he exclaimed in disbelief. 

"I beg your pardon?", I demanded in a raised voice. He groaned loudly and placed his hands on his hips.

"Go. Change. Now," he said through gritted teeth, looming over me. "I will not have other men ogling you. You're married for God's sake!"

Oh lord, he was jealous. And jealous Derek was never pleasant to be around.