Stabbed

The waves of crashing music reached a grand crescendo as the final cut was slashed into the Toad's body. Player 2 stood back to admire their work, a twisted grin painted on their face as the violins merged with the cellos and created a masterpiece almost as beautiful as theirs. What they had done was evil, and they knew it. Evil was their speciality. Evil was what they were meant to do. Evil was why they were doing this. The rage had been pent up for so long and it needed out. Murder was the only way to pour the water over the flames. 

They had become Player 2 only days before when they stole their first life. It had been the most thrilling thing Player 2 had ever experienced. That moment was when they knew that that was what they were meant to do. They were meant to kill. 

Player 2 wiped off the blade and slid it back into its sheath before slipping out of the door and driving back to their home as if they had never left it at all.

"Aye, Mario! We got a letter." Luigi called as he read the handwritten invitation that had been slipped through their letterbox. His brow furrowed more and more with every word he read. Mario snatched the letter out of his hands before he could finish it.

"What the fuck is this? God, whoever wrote this thing is a prick." Mario muttered as he wandered out of the room, tossing the letter into the trash as he went.

"But I guess we'll have to go to it anyway." the red plumber said to himself as he sat back down in front of the TV.

Peach delicately opened the letter and scanned down it whilst Daisy watched her. Their breakfast had been interrupted by Toadsworth knocking on the door and presenting the letter to Peach on a pink cushion, which Daisy thought was extremely over the top for a simple letter. But then again, Peach's life was over the top. The woman had a different gown for every day of the week and she was kidnapped practically every day. 

"What? I don't remember organising this..." she mumbled under her breath, mentally cursing at herself as she threw the letter onto her dressing table. 

"Don't remember what?" Daisy asked, rolling off Peach's bed and picking up the invite. 

"Dear Princess Peach Toadstool and Princess Daisy Sarasa...Invited to a conference...Board of Governors...Overnight? Jesus Christ, Peach! You could have warned me about a conference so I could have faked my death in time!" Daisy said, reading over the letter and rolling her eyes up to the ceiling.

"That's the thing, I don't remember agreeing to organise any conference...It must have just slipped my mind. I'm such a terrible princess." Peach said, running a gloved hand through her blonde hair and sighing.

"You're an amazing princess, Peachy. You must have just forgotten about it, you do have a lot of work on your plate right now. We'll go to this conference and then we'll resume our sleepover, it'll be great!" Daisy grinned at her best friend and took her hand, pulling her over to the wardrobe to start packing.

Peach smiled back at the bubbly desert princess and felt the weight of forgetting the conference lift off her shoulders. Daisy always made everything better.

"Sir! There's a letter addressed to you! And your children...and me...and some of your troops..." Kamek croaked as he hobbled into the throne room, clutching an envelope to his chest with one hand and using his wand as a walking stick with the other. 

"Read it to me." Bowser drawled, folding his arms and rolling his eyes at the ancient wizard.

"Dear Sir Bows-" Kamek began.

"Boring. Just gimme the gist of what it says." Bowser said, cutting Kamek off.

The wizard awkwardly coughed and peered at the page in front of him through his thick glasses before continuing. "Uh, the Board of Governors wants you to attend a conference at...some address I don't know. Should I tell the others to get ready?"  Kamek stuttered, pushing his glasses up.