Electrocuted

Victims: Daisy, Luigi, Toad, Toadette, Mona, Wario, Bowser, Kamek, Pauline, Boo, DK, Bowser JR, Diddy, Birdo, Yoshi, Wendy, Morton, Roy, Waluigi, Lemmy, Larry

Suspects: Mario, Peach, Rosalina, Ludwig, Iggy, Dixie, Koopa

Thousands of volts of electricity rushed through Iggy's body and he fell lifelessly to the floor as Player 2 stood over him, eyes cold and expressing nothing except sheer distaste. His skin was charred. The toaster lay next to him, droplets of shower water gathering on its sleek, metal surface. Electrocution was a disastrous way to go. Player 2 felt no remorse, though. Remorse was for the weak. And Player 2 was most definitely not weak.

They crawled back through the vents, listening to the various sounds of the house. The creaking of the wooden floors, the gurgling of the water pipes, the deranged murmuring of the true psychos, the crying of the weak, and Player 2's shallow breathing. All these noises made the soundtrack of a perfect kill. 

Player 2 wanted to stab everyone to death as soon as possible, but alas, they could not. The other players wouldn't allow it. The game had to be completed the way the ritual said it had to. The Overlord said so. Player 2 didn't want to displease the Overlord. The Overlord would withdraw their promise and Player 2 would be left with nothing except a guilty conscience. 

Player 2 slithered through the ventilation shafts, enjoying the freedom of being out of their fake skin. The only time they ever got to escape into their head was when they were basking in the adrenaline of the kill. So they savored their time there. They were a snake, bathing in the warmth of bloodshed. They felt alive. Player 2 had finally broken free of the tedious loop of their dull life and was now a being capable of other-worldly things that mere mortals couldn't imagine. Becoming Player 2 had proved to be the most beneficial decision they'd ever made. 

Then the sound came. The rhythmic thud of knees hitting the metal of the vents. Player 2 was not alone. Thoughts raced through their heads as their hearts pounded in their chest simultaneously. The two were thinking the same thing. 

'There's someone up here with me.'

One was innocent, the other one not so much, regardless, both were fearful of the other. Neither dared to move. Their lives were on the line if they came face to face. Player 2 wouldn't hesitate to go off-course and shoot a threat to death. It didn't matter who was in the vent with them. The vents were Player 2's territory. No other soul was ever meant to enter the vents. Player 2 finally came to their senses and bolted, dropping down into their bedroom and screwing the entrance shut, hopping into bed as the innocent peered through the gaps in the shaft entrance before moving on, none the wiser on who Player 2 was.

Player 2 knew who the perpetrator was, though. Revenge was due to be dished out soon, they thought as they drifted into a sleep riddled with inhumane thoughts that only those who were truly evil could think. Their 23rd victim had something beautiful in store for them. Something they deserved.

It was the afternoon before anybody noticed the sharp, metallic smell of singed flesh seeping out from under a bathroom door. The door was kicked off its hinges by a very glum Mario. He wasn't fazed by the acidic stench of burnt, decomposing flesh. His nose had become numb to the scent after visiting his brothers corpse in the basement many times. Death, which was once a topic of hushed voices and worried glances, had become the everyday life of the once-normal citizens. Circumstances like this always brought the true nature of people to light, discarding their old selves as if they were coats that were too small. 

Two people stood on the tiled floor, gazing down at the naked, burned corpse of the koopaling who'd driven everyone insane with his maniacal laughter. The pair had seen too much malice in this wretched house to be able to offer nothing more than a grimace at the victims who had been mauled by the hand of death particularly badly. It was a depressing sight to behold, but a familiar one. They carried the body to the basement, remaining silent as they went. No one could have a conversation whilst transporting a corpse, it just couldn't be done.