Burned

Victims: Daisy, Luigi, Toad, Toadette, Mona, Wario, Bowser, Kamek, Pauline, Boo, DK, Bowser JR, Diddy, Birdo, Yoshi, Wendy, Morton, Roy, Waluigi, Lemmy, Larry, Iggy

Suspects: Mario, Peach, Rosalina, Ludwig, Dixie, Koopa

Tears streamed down Dixie Kong's cheeks as Player 2 tied their body to the wooden stake, humming a tune that rung a bell in Dixie's mind but she couldn't place where she'd heard it before. Player 2 finished tying the girl to the stake and stood back, admiring the wooden structure that would soon be set ablaze. They snatched up the gas canister and giggled softly, it was a menacing giggle. A giggle that sent chills running down Dixie's spine. They doused the wood in gas and discarded the canister, sending a metallic clang bouncing from wall to wall. Then, the matchbox emerged. But there were no matched inside. Only sheets of paper that contained questions. Questions for Dixie.

"Oh, Dixie. You knew who I was from the start, didn't you?" Player 2 drawled, sifting through their question cards like a TV show presenter. 

"Cut the questions, just get it over with." Dixie snarled.

"No need to get hissy just because I caught you." Player 2 grinned. Dixie was acting exactly as they wanted her to. 

"Shut up. I figured you out before anyone else did." Dixie snapped, writhing as she desperately tried to free herself from the rope that bound her to the stake. Her attempts were useless.

"You can't escape, Dixie. You should know this," Player 2 smiled, "After all, you are oh-so-smart."

Dixie grimaced, she knew Player 2 was enjoying this. Sick fuck, she thought. How could someone enjoy taking the lives of others?

"It's rather simple to enjoy death, Dixie. Killing your enemies is such a satisfying experience." Player 2 said, loading another bullet into the chamber of their gun. They weren't going to shoot Dixie, they just wanted to scare her.

"How'd you know what I was thinking?" Dixie asked, her voice shaking.

"I am above society. A god, if you will. I know everything." Player 2 explained matter-of-factly. They were a god, to them at least. Others believed people like Player 2 were psychopaths, yet they weren't. Psychopaths killed out of raw fury, Player 2's people killed because it was necessary. And it was necessary.

"A god? What kind of stuff are you on? You belong in a mental hospital, not heaven!" Dixie exclaimed, turning up her nose in pure disgust at Player 2.

"A fool like you would never understand this. Gods like me don't need heaven. We have the otherworld." Player 2 rolled their eyes. Dixie may be smarter than she appeared, but that didn't mean she wasn't still stupid.

"Oh fuck off with your 'otherworldly' shit. You're crazy." she snapped. Player 2 became enraged, snatching their lighter and setting the wood ablaze as they chanted words in a language Dixie had never heard before. Their eyes had turned a deep black hue, and Dixie swore a shadow of a demonic entity stood behind them.

"Burn like the witch you are!" Player 2 screamed as the flames swallowed Dixie, roaring in her ears like the engine of a particularly noisy vehicle.

Player 2 danced around the flames, chanting in the unknown language. It was truly a horrific sight for poor Dixie as she burned to death. Nobody's last sight of the world should ever be a maniac screaming and laughing at their creation. No one deserved it, except perhaps those sick individuals who enjoyed such creations of evil and death.

Finally, Dixie succumbed to the flames but Player 2 was long gone, having returned to society and the image that everyone had portrayed them as. Player 2's 'other' side would be tucked away until the next kill. And the next kill would be a sight that burned into the back of the minds of the remainders until Player 2 swept their lives under the carpet and moved on to become the god that the Overlord had promised them they'd be.