Rosalina

Victims: Daisy, Luigi, Toad, Toadette, Mona, Wario, Bowser, Kamek, Pauline, Boo, DK, Bowser JR, Diddy, Birdo, Yoshi, Wendy, Morton, Roy, Waluigi, Lemmy, Larry, Iggy, Dixie, Mario

Suspects: Peach, Rosalina, Ludwig, Koopa

The four gathered, holding back the waterfall of emotions whizzing around their brains like karts on a track. Nobody could think straight. Well, apart from Player 2, who's head was as clear as the sky on a warm summers day. Everyone had fallen silent long before the crackling of the prerecorded speech boomed over the loudspeaker. 

"Good evening, ladies and gentlemen. I'm your murderer. But please, call me Player 2. I have one simple task for you all, figure me out! If you don't and guess wrong, you die. If you do and guess right, you still die but it's more fun. More fun for me, that is, not for you. Use your stupidly small brains to solve this riddle. See you in hell! Sincerely, Player 2." 

Silence remained for around 3 minutes, building tension in the room that felt thicker than cobwebs. It was hard to accept the fact that a murderer was standing in the room with you, and it was even harder to accept that said murderer could be someone you loved. Finally, after what seemed like hours, Ludwig spoke, breaking the fearful silence. 

"We're stalling. If we don't dwell on this and just make an educated guess, it'll spare us some degree of torture. I hope so anyway..." he said, glancing at each person in turn. His uncertainty hid behind a wall of logic that he hoped would apply in such dire circumstances. 

"I fuckin' hate you, Ludwig, but you have a point. We're just pretending it'll all be okay when we know it won't. It's time to face the truth, we're dealing with someone who doesn't give two shits about pleas to spare you. We're all goners," Koopa murmured, exhaling a cloud of smoke. Unlike all the other times, nobody bothered to judge. Now, when death was looming closer than ever before, wasn't the time to be a prude. 

"Alright. Princesses, what's your take on this?" Ludwig asked, turning to face the silent rulers. Even if they didn't answer his query, he'd go ahead and point the finger at Rosalina. He didn't trust her. As the pair of blonde rulers looked up from the floor, he noticed both pairs of cerulean blue eyes were filled with the same sorrow he'd seen his father convey every time Junior had questioned why they were villains. It was an emotion of pity mixed with wonder and sadness. 

Rosalina quietly sighed and nodded, glancing at her best friend to check she was doing the same, she was. Peach looked older and burnt out, a very different character to the fun-loving, perfectionist, radiant woman that had blessed everywhere she stepped foot. Rosalina was fine, like always. 

"Alright, Rosalina, you're a murderer," the blue-haired box of brains stated, staring her down with icy cold, almost black eyes. 

"What? Why are you accusing me? I am an innocent woman!" she defended, her guard raising as she eyed the only koopaling.

"You think you can pull the 'I'm a woman, therefore, I can do no wrong card'? Not how it works here, Rosie." He spat her name like it was a disease he'd catch if he kept the words in his mouth too long. His arms were folded and his eyebrows were furrowed. He wouldn't drop his accusation without putting up a fight.

"I never said that. And why are you the only member of your family left alive? That seems pretty sus to me." she growled, beginning to become irritated with the oh-so-clever koopaling. She'd never liked him, he gave her strange vibes that she just couldn't put her finger on where they came from or why they unsettled her. He was just odd, in a sense. Not odd as in 'quirky' or 'weird', there was just something...off about him. Like something lurked beneath the mask of sophisticated attitude and massive ego. Something dark and twisted. Or maybe she was overthinking and Ludwig was just a perfectly normal, slightly cruel guy. She couldn't tell.