Pushed Down the Stairs

Victims: Daisy, Luigi, Toad, Toadette, Mona, Wario, Bowser, Kamek, Pauline, Boo, DK, Bowser JR, Diddy, Birdo, Yoshi, Wendy, Morton, Roy, Waluigi

Suspects: Mario, Peach, Rosalina, Ludwig, Lemmy, Iggy, Larry, Dixie, Koopa

Peach walked into Rosalina's room, looking for someone to talk to. She was lonely. She knocked first, before entering. Even in dire times, manners were necessary. Rosalina was reading the note Waluigi had left her, wearing his cap and smiling gently. Peach was intrigued. What had she walked in on? 

"Peach," Rosalina said, looking up, embarrassed. She tucked the note back into the cap and turned to her friend. Rosalina hadn't expected to be walked in on whilst she was mourning the loss of her partner-in-crime by half-pretending to be them. 

"Well, this is awkward. What were you doing? Why do you have Waluigi's cap?" Peach asked, sitting down on the bed, next to Rosalina. The star princess flushed a pink hue. 

"I was grieving, I guess. Y'know, I never thought I would become friends with a guy like him. It's weird, Peachy. I actually made a friend who wasn't...a good guy." she said, her face lighting up childishly. Peach didn't find her choice of friend appealing. 

"But why? Waluigi was a weirdo. You're a princess, Rosie. Princesses aren't meant to associate with people like him. It's improper." Peach lectured. She didn't like people who she considered 'below her'. Peach was very uptight and refused to associate with anyone who wasn't a of 'her rank'. Rosalina hated this aspect of Peach. She believed everyone should have a fair chance to make a friend. 

"Peachy, princesses are meant to be caring. Why can't I be friends with other people who aren't like us? People like Dixie and...Koopa! I'm going to befriend them to show you that I can talk to people who aren't of your standards!" Rosalina exclaimed, standing up and storming out of the room. She considered pulling out the gun for a brief minute. She felt shocked. At herself and at Peach.

Rosalina walked to her 'special place'. The library. She needed to clear her head, everything was swirling around too fast for her to comprehend. Her strangest friend had been murdered, her longest friend was a snob and she had thought about shooting her. She just needed a good book to take her mind off things. The library was the only place where she felt didn't have any lost souls lingering behind in it. It was peaceful. Rosalina liked to think that all her dead friends were watching her, following her life as if it was a continuation of theirs. She swore that she had felt ghosts wandering around the house. Ghosts of her friends.She'd never thought she'd ever have to wonder if her murdered friends were watching her from the afterlife. It was strange. This whole situation was strange. 

Rosalina settled down in a comfy chair, pulling out a leather-backed novel from behind a pillow and starting to read. She was at page 465 when she heard the scream. She dropped the novel and ran towards the sound, leaving the last line of the paragraph unread.

Larry stood, shaking, at the top of the stairs. He saw his brother lying at the bottom, his neck bent at an unnatural angle, facing him. He was still alive though, clinging to shreds of his short life. 

"La-" Lemmy stuttered, his voice a cracked and broken whisper. Larry ran down the stairs, hope rising inside him. There was a chance, a small chance, that his brother would survive. Larry clung to Lemmy's hand whilst the latter winced in pain and screwed his free fist into a ball. The pain was unbearable. Lemmy just wanted to be put out of his misery.

"Who was it, Lemmo?" Larry softly whispered.

"Bl...ue..." the dying koopaling forced out, before finally taking his last breath, his hand going limp in Larry's hand, and slipping into the afterlife.