Crushed

Victims: Daisy, Luigi, Toad, Toadette, Mona, Wario, Bowser, Kamek, Pauline, Boo, DK, Bowser JR, Diddy, Birdo, Yoshi, Wendy, Morton

Suspects: Mario, Waluigi, Peach, Rosalina, Ludwig, Lemmy, Roy, Iggy, Larry, Dixie, Koopa

The wardrobe fell on top of the unsuspecting victim. Their lungs caved in and blood pooled around them. Player 2 jumped onto the back of the wardrobe, crushing their victim even more. It was beautiful. A star shape began to form under the heavy item of furniture as the blood spurted out of the body. It was overkill, to repeatedly crush their victim, but the deprivation of gory deaths had overtaken them. They longed for bloodshed, and now, finally, they were getting it. 

The body had finally stopped writhing, the only heart beating being Player 2's. Adrenaline was coursing through their veins as if this was their first kill. There were only 9 people left to kill. The game was close to ending. They wished it could last longer. They jumped off the wardrobe, landing silently. Player 2 left the room, running a hand through their hair and sighing softly. They were exhausted. Player 2 hadn't slept in a week, and it was really taking its toll. They'd spent hours, pouring others blood and their sweat and tears into their scheming. Toiling away at a desk in the attic, drawing up plans and schemes that they didn't have the energy to pull off. They needed to take care of themselves.

Their brain was whirring, thoughts were racing, heart was thumping, blood was pumping. They felt dizzy. Player 2 felt something was wrong. They heard breathing that wasn't theirs. They fled, keeping their footsteps as silent as they possibly could. They recognised the mumbling of the person and knew that they had to kill them next, even if they hadn't seen anything. It had to be done. They couldn't get caught with 9 lives left to take. They touched the barrel of the gun on their leg, reassuring themselves that nothing would go wrong.

The icy demeanour washed back over them, their fists curling up into balls as they silently strode towards their room. Nothing would go wrong. Player 2 wouldn't let anything go wrong. 

Mario was banging his head against the wall. He'd become numb to all pain. Blood was streaming down his face. He felt crushed. He hated the man he had become. Who was he, abusing his lover? Peach didn't deserve that. He was morphing into the person he had always sworn he wouldn't be.

The crimson of the blood matched his shirt, hue for hue. He almost smiled, but he was too broken to form the expression he had once used so often. Everything had spiralled downhill since the moment his eyes fell upon Daisy's corpse on the ballroom floor. Since his brother's death, he'd realised, he wasn't the hero he thought he was. He'd jumped on the accusation train as soon as it pulled into the station. How could he be so biased as to instantly accuse a villain? For all anyone knew, Rosalina could be a murderer! 

Mario was a jerk. A huge fucking jerk. He could accept that. He knew he would rather play the 'I'm a hero, you aren't' card than actually step up and challenge someone who played the logic card who wasn't anywhere close to being a self-proclaimed hero with a massive fucking ego. Maybe it was why he was here. Maybe he was here to prove his worth. Maybe he was delusional. Maybe this was just a surreal dream. 

The idea that this fiasco was just a dream was quickly shot to pieces with a scream that snapped Mario out of his trance of self-pity. He started to wander aimlessly towards the sound. Despite having given up the role of 'Detective', he still wanted to see the corpse. As psychopathic as that sounds, Mario just wanted something else to focus on that wasn't himself.

He walked into the shared room of the remainder of the koopalings to see Roy's disfigured body being dragged out from under a wardrobe by Ludwig and Iggy whilst Waluigi held up the wardrobe. The other koopalings wept in the corner of the room, the loss of another one of their own hitting them hard.