Slit Throats

Victims: Daisy, Luigi, Toad, Toadette, Mona

Suspects: Mario, Wario, Waluigi, Peach, Rosalina, Bowser, Kamek, Boo, Ludwig, Lemmy, Wendy, Roy, Morton, Iggy, Larry, Bowser JR, Donkey Kong, Diddy, Dixie, Pauline, Koopa, Birdo, Yoshi

"Alright, fuckers. What's your alibi?" Mario drawled, an unimpressed and irritated look plastered across his face. Mario was sick of believing that it would be too obvious for one of the Wario brothers to have done it. He just wanted this shitshow to end.

"Our alibi is that Bowser, and whatever those weird mini versions of him are called, had called a villains only meeting and we were there, trying to find out who this psychopathic motherfucker is." Waluigi stated, his tone calm and collected.

"Bowser hasn't said anything. Why is that? Why's your magician doing all the talking for you?" Mario said, spinning round to face the Koopa King.

"Oh, I'm talking all right. Just in places where you aren't. Villains meetings are where the rejects of society gather to piece together the puzzle. Your latest victim, Mona, was a regular attendee. She contributed much in our meetings, unlike yours." Bowser growled. 

"Give me every piece of information you know, Bowser." Mario hissed at his enemy.

"Never."

"Do it or I'll get it out of one of your minions. Kamek?" Mario said, staring at the sorcerer.

"I let you know when someone is poisoned, not give out information that we figured out by ourselves." Kamek replied, leaning on his wooden staff/wand.

The group of villains wouldn't share what they knew with an outsider, they were too close-knit for that. Mario hated it. He knew he was treading the line between enquiry and invasion but he didn't care.

"Can just one of you say something?! Pauline? DK? Junior? Boo? Please!" Mario screamed, turning to each villain before falling to the floor, sobbing.

"Mario, we don't trust you. You've exiled us so many times, it's impossible. You've done us all wrong." Pauline said, her voice soft and cruel. A collective murmur of agreement went around the portion of the group that were criminals.

"You've brainwashed your girlfriend into believing all of us are hardcore evil, we aren't. You've gotten us thrown out and banished to the wasteland more than once. Bowser has shown us more care than anybody in your gang." Boo snarled, the memories of being confined to a crumbling house until Bowser took him in overpowering him.

"When you were with Pauline, you hated me. Bowser was the only one who showed any consideration and let me live my life knowing someone important cared." DK whispered.

"You tried to kill my dad because he tried to provide me with a mom..." Bowser JR said. The child's words were the final nail in the coffin for Mario's heroic reputation. The hero in red tore out of the room, his tears streaming down his cheeks. Peach glared at everyone in the room before sprinting off.

As the rest of the group talked amongst themselves about Mario's dramatic exit, Rosalina sidled up to her new partner in crime. 

"What are the villain only meetings like? What goes down in there?" she asked him, leaning against the wall next to him.

"A lot of shit, Rosa. Some helpful to this case, some not." he sighed, gazing up at the ceiling.

"Next time you have one of those meeting, can you tell me about what happens? I'm not considered a villain so I can't go." she asked.

"If I ask Bowser and play my cards right, I'd be able to get you to come." Waluigi said, walking over to the leader of the villainous squad who appeared to be engaged in deep conversation with a few of his criminal advisers.