Strangled

Victims: Daisy, Luigi, Toad, Toadette, Mona, Wario, Bowser, Kamek, Pauline, Boo, DK

Suspects: Mario, Waluigi, Peach, Rosalina, Ludwig, Lemmy, Wendy, Roy, Morton, Iggy, Larry, Bowser JR, Diddy, Dixie, Koopa, Birdo, Yoshi

This time, Player 2 carried no weapon. It was time to test their strength. Their physical strength and their mental. You had to have a strong will to go through with strangling a 13 year old, as Player 2 planned on doing. Player 2 usually felt nothing except joy and bloodlust in the minutes leading up to a kill, but this was different. Everyone Player 2 had killed before this was over 20, Player 2 hadn't killed a child before. It felt like they were about to strangle a puppy. Maybe they were, maybe they weren't. Perhaps the son of the fallen ruler of the Koopa Kingdom had the attitude of a puppy kicked too often or maybe he was as strong-willed as Player 2. 

Whatever the son of the late king was like, it didn't matter. He couldn't overpower Player 2. The killer couldn't be defeated. And if Bowser JR didn't play ball voluntarily, Player 2 had other methods. Those other methods involved bringing out the knife that Player 2 always kept strapped to their leg. 

Player 2 slipped through the door, silent as death, the chloroform-soaked glove closing the door behind them. Chloroform would be there to assist the knife if Bowser JR decided he was too clever for Player 2. No one was smarter than Player 2. Player 2 had tricked everyone with twisted wordplay and a false wall of innocence, they were smarter than the lot of them.

They loomed over Bowser JR, watching the twitches of his eyelids as his body sensed he was being watched. His dark, almost black, eyes fluttered open and locked with Player 2's. Instead of a scream, the teen's mouth formed a relieved grin. Player 2 was surprised, any other 13 year old in this situation would have screamed. Maybe Bowser JR just trusted them. All thoughts of Bowser JR being unaware he was about to be the next victim vanished when he mouthed 'Take me' at the murderer standing at the foot of his bed.

Player 2 smiled back at him, what else could you do when you were about to reunite a child with their father in the afterlife. 'I will' Player 2 mouthed back, advancing towards them and wrapping their hands around his neck. As Bowser JR's eyes fluttered closed, the smile still on his face, Player 2 left the lost soul to rest at peace. 

Not all deaths had to be bloody, hate-fuelled messes. Some could be relieving. Player 2 had finally absorbed the youngest life into their soul, feeling youthful and as if their life-source had been replenished by whatever angel had been tasked with the job.

Player 2 shoved the gloves into the knife sheath for convenience and crept back to their bed, murderers need sleep too after all. And they had to have time to debate over what they were going to do next to scar the remaining citizens for the short time they had left to live. Decapitation was always a good idea to traumatise someone...

"Junior!" Wendy called, sidling into the boy's room and sitting herself down on his bed. She smiled when she saw he was asleep with a smile on his face, at least he wasn't scared every night like she was. She ruffled his hair and cupped his chin in her hand before tensing up. His body was icy cold. Wendy frantically shook him, hoping to whatever God had some mercy to spare that her brother wasn't dead. Nothing. No mercy was granted. She collapsed as she noticed the dark ring around his neck, hugging the body to her chest and sobbing into his unkempt red hair. Why couldn't he be spared? 

Wendy howled, her pain too great to be silent. Footsteps pounded down the corridor after hearing the tell-tale cry of grief. Ludwig Von Koopa stared through the doorway at his sister, surveying the scene and figuring out what the situation was within seconds. He walked to the side of the bed, gazing down at the peaceful body lying in his sister's arms. Ludwig had no reaction, he knew this day would come sooner or later. He wasn't a man of tears anyway.