Drowned

Victims: Daisy, Luigi, Toad, Toadette, Mona, Wario, Bowser, Kamek, Pauline

Suspects: Mario, Waluigi, Peach, Rosalina, Boo, Ludwig, Lemmy, Wendy, Roy, Morton, Iggy, Larry, Bowser JR, Donkey Kong, Diddy, Dixie, Koopa, Birdo, Yoshi

The rejected mourn the loss of their friends and leader. The loss was hard to cope with. Four people who were valuable assets in their investigation. Tears had been spilled along with blood.

"You killed him! You murderer!" Junior cried, pointing a clawed finger at Rosalina. She understood why he would think that, who wouldn't blame the newest addition to the group who also happened to be considered Mario's informant?

"Junior, you can't just point fingers at anyone. Remember what dad told you, he told you to guess based on facts and not on feelings." Wendy soothed, stroking the grief-ridden child's hair softly. Death in a family was the hardest to take.

"I'm not a murderer..." Rosalina murmured, running a hand through her platinum blonde fringe and gazing around the room for Waluigi. He was sitting in a corner of the room, stroking the light brown hair that resided underneath the signature yellow cap that now lay discarded to his side. Rosalina debated going over but decided against it when she saw her purple-clad detective partner begin to murmur words to the corpse of his brother. it would be disrespectful to talk to him now.

She paced around the room, her thoughts racing as fast as her heart was beating. She was desperately trying to make a link between anything she could. Their killer was fast, strong, smart, quiet and fooling them all. Player 2 was mentally preparing themselves for their next victim, they had to be quick and quieter than ever before. This victim was possibly the most sly of them all, not as sly as Player 2 but almost.

Eventually, the bodies were taken away and Rosalina rejoined Waluigi. 

"I'm sorry." she said, sliding down the wall to sit next to him.

"It's fine. All wounds heal someday." he sighed, gazing up at the ceiling. Rosalina followed his gaze and closed her eyes, thinking of what her life would be like if she'd just stayed up in orbit with her Lumas in her observatory. She'd never be in this mess of bloodshed and hatred. Her friends wouldn't be corpses in a storeroom, left to rot.

She heard a rustle of fabric and soft footsteps walking across the hardwood floor. She opened her eyes and silently slipped out of the room, wondering what she was going to do next.

Mario stepped out of his room and into a puddle of white, watery liquid. He let out an animal-like scream before stepping back into his room. "Who the fuck jizzed on the floor?!" he screeched, kicking his wet shoes into a pile in he corner. He felt disgusted.

"What?" Peach asked, wondering what the fuck she just woke up and heard.

"There's water on the floor as well, so I'm guessing that this is Boo. I may be mistaken and there's a creep in here as well as a murderer." Walugi said from his position of leaning against the door opposite Mario's.

"Boo? BOO GET YOUR ASS OVER HERE NOW!" Mario screeched.

"No, fuckwit. That's what is left of our ghostly friend. Boo disintegrates in water. I could be mistaken about Boo's second death though. I'll go look for him." Waluigi said, walking off down the corridor.

"What the fuck is going on?" Mario asked himself, slumping down against the wall and rethinking his whole life.

"I don't know." Peach said, gazing through the black-tinted windows at the life she had before this.

"Boo? This isn't funny anymore, where the fuck are you?" Waluigi called, balancing on wooden support beams of the attic, searching for the ghost king and hoping it was just another one of the ghosts' practical jokes.

"Boo, please." he sighed, swinging his torch beam around Boo's favourite hideout. He had lost hope. Boo was now just a puddle on the floor, rid of all his practical jokes and sarcasm. Waluigi dejectedly climbed back through the attic hatch, ignoring the desk in the corner that contained the plan for the next kill.

Mario looked up hopefully at the bearer of bad news. Waluigi shook his head. "Boo's gone."

Mario let out a long sigh and held his head in his hands. It didn't feel good to have someone be murdered outside your door and then you step in their remains. It didn't matter if it was just a ghost and their remains just liquid, it was horrible. Waluigi left Mario alone with his thoughts as he went to inform the others of the ghost king's death.

That night, Birdo and Yoshi lay curled up together in their bed, softly whispering to each other in the dark. They hoped that tonight wouldn't be their last night together. If anything, they wanted to die together, their hands clasped together and their last words being 'I love you'. They didn't care about anyone else, just them. Not Koopa who had the unfortunate privilege of having to share a room with them and be forced to listen to them. Koopa hated it but it could be worse. 

Player 2 was plotting out what they would do to their next victim. Decapitation sounded fun but would be messy. Suffocation would take long and could end in everything going wrong. Strangulation? Maybe. What about smashing their head in with a bat or a hammer? That would be interesting. Being a murderer was hard, you had to decide everything whilst trying not to get caught. It's so difficult to kill. At least Boo just disintegrated and left no mess. Poison was always fun to kill with but it was tiring having to force it down their throats. People don't understand the work that goes into killing someone. You had to work out who to kill, how to kill and when to kill. Player 2 could deal with all that so long as they got the reaction to the kill that they wanted. And with their next kill, the reaction would be just right for Player 2.

Just right indeed...

Do ya'll want hints or nah? We're at 10 kills out of 28, we have suspects left. Who do your instincts think it is?

Hint: There's a reason behind the kill order