Decapitated

Victims: Daisy, Luigi, Toad, Toadette, Mona, Wario, Bowser, Kamek, Pauline, Boo, DK, Bowser JR, Diddy

Suspects: Mario, Waluigi, Peach, Rosalina, Ludwig, Lemmy, Wendy, Roy, Morton, Iggy, Larry, Dixie, Koopa, Birdo, Yoshi

Player 2 was beginning to tire of having to keep their murderous arts low-profile. They longed for more extravagant things. They yearned to be able to burn their victims alive or try other medieval torture methods. Impaling could be an option of they planned it carefully enough. It would be tricky to pull off, but it was doable.

They walked through the halls, gazing at the oil paintings that lined the walls. Player 2 thought paintings were pointless. Why paint someones face when you decapitate them and keep their head preserved forever? The axe was slung over their shoulder as if it were no more than a rucksack. Weapons weren't something to be scared of, they were just inanimate objects. A pencil could kill someone just as well as a dagger would, and yet people think of daggers and not pencils when they think of a murder weapon. It was foolish, really.

They reached the room of their victim, who was sound asleep, blissfully unaware of what was in store for them. Player 2 wasn't completely ruthless, they often committed their crimes whilst their victim was asleep in a peaceful dream. Partly because they didn't want them to scream and partly out of the faded goodness of their heart. 

Player 2 pushed open the room of Birdo and Yoshi. They knew Yoshi wouldn't be there but his pink bitch of a girlfriend would be. They'd watched them enough to know that the lovable green dinosaur should be gnawing on something in the kitchen whilst Birdo slept, but this night was different.. Unfortunately, Birdo was a pretty light sleeper, waking up every time someone walked into the room. Player 2 had seen this happen on multiple occasions. Birdo would eventually have spotted them in the vent and have told someone. Birdo had always been a gossip. Now Player 2 could finally get them to shut the fuck up after they lopped her head off.

Birdo stirred in her sleep, her blue eyes lazily fluttering open as she came back down from her dream and back into the real world.

"Yoshi? Is that you? What are you holding? It's, like, 2am..." Birdo murmured, her vision still hazy.

"Don't worry about who I am, Birdo." Player 2 said, raising the axe up, ready to strike once Birdo cooperated and turned towards them. The moonlight glinted on the blade, accenting the sharp curve of the axe. It really was a beautiful weapon. 

"Is that an axe? What's going on? You aren't the murderer!" Birdo panicked, desperately trying to believe that Player 2 wasn't actually Player 2.

"Yes, this is an axe. I'm going to kill you. I am Player 2. I am your murderer. I hope you said goodnight." Player 2 smiled, running their fingers across the detailed handle of the axe. The head of the axe may be a blank surface, but the handle held stories of the murders committed with it. Player 2 had carved it themselves.

"Player 2? What the fuck?" Birdo said, turning to face Player 2. The axe swung through her neck faster than her life flashed before her eyes. Birdo's decapitated head rolled off the stump of her neck and onto the floor, hitting the wood with a thud. Player 2 picked up the head and placed it back on top of her neck. It would be more traumatising that way. Birdo's head would roll off at the slightest touch. It was punishment for not knowing the almighty Player 2. Player 2 was the puppet master of the puppet show. Everyone should know and fear them. If they disobeyed, the strings were cut. And they would crumple to the floor as a broken, bloodied pile of failure. 

Yoshi's body was discovered at 7:09am by Dixie. She'd broken down into a sobbing mess on the kitchen tiles. Her mind was breaking down. She couldn't support the weight of all the death on her shoulders. She felt like a flower with all the petals stripped from it. Dixie was alone now. All her friends were gone. Diddy, DK, Pauline, Toad, Toadette and now Yoshi. Maybe she could vent to Birdo, who was probably feeling the same way.