Legal Papers

Lexi lifted her head, she was still on the soccer field kicking the ball, all her anger from that night came rushing back. She hated what had happened, but no one had believed her except her sister. Lexi finished the tryout and went to get her water bottle. “Alright girls, the list will be posted on the first day of school, and practice will begin the next day, okay you are dismissed.” Lexi and the other girls headed for the locker room, Lexi decided she would just shower at home so she went to watch the rest of Brielle's tryout.

She sat on the bleachers and watched at Bri ran from first base to second, then on to third, and then home. She had hit a home run. After Brielle pitched, and she struck every one out. Brielle was having fun, it was written all over her face. Lexi looked to the left baseball field Greyson was sitting the bench, this knee bobbing up and down. She saw the coach whistle at him and Greyson stood to go on the field. He took the bat and swung a few times before nodding to the pitcher. And the pitcher let him have it. Greyson swung, he missed. But the second time he hit it far, he made it to second base before the players caught the ball. Greyson smiled big, he hadn't thought he would even hit the ball. Lexi saw a shadow loom above her. She glanced up to see Brielle. “Done already?” Bri asked.

“Yep, and guess who the soccer coach is?”

“Is it Mr. Watts? I heard he's not very good.”

“I wish, it's Dallas.” Brielle spewed water everywhere. “What?”

“Yeah, exactly.”

“You have to be joking, hey what happened to your face?”

“I had a fight with this girl from boarding school who says I poisoned her food the night before soccer tryouts so that she wouldn't make the team and I would. It was in ninth grade, I told her I didn't do it and that I wouldn't have needed it to beat her and so she called me a bitch and it went from there.”

“Sheesh, your face looks great.”

Lexi smiled, “You should see hers.”

“Ha, did you win?”

“I can't believe you're even asking. I got in trouble though, extra chores and crap. Dallas told me it better not happen again or he'd pull me from the team. Which in turn means, I made the team.”

“Oh that's great! I wish I had a fight with someone. Jace got all over my ass about being rude to the principle.”

“What did he say?”

“Well he gave me lecture about how I needed to be respectful, and then he wanted me to say 'yes sir' and well...”

“Well what?”

“I didn't say it.”

“That's my girl!”

“And then he threatened to spank me.”

“What? In school?”

“Yeah.”

“He didn't though right?”

“Yeah, um he took me into an empty class room, and he gave me another chance, I didn't take it so he, yeah.”

“Oh Brielle I'm sorry. That son of a –.”

“It was fine, it didn't hurt that bad. And then I still didn't say it, so he was 'okay round two.' and then I broke Lexi, I said it.” Brielle shook her head.

“It's okay I said it this morning as well.”

“You did?”

“Yeah against my will, and for all the language last night Dallas washed my mouth out with soap.”