Pranking

Brielle slammed her hand down on the alarm clock. The time read 7AM. She groaned and rolled over in her bed. She didn't want to go to school. She wanted to lay in her bed and never get up. Finally after some time Brielle fell out of bed. She painfully made her way to the bathroom. She stood up and forced herself to get ready for school. She brushed her hair out, washed her face and cleaned her teeth. Brielle dressed herself in skinny jeans and a light blue top with buttons up the front. She rolled up the sleeves and put on her necklace, the one her father had given her. It was in the form of a branch and connected in a circle. A smaller branch made a semi circle within the first, and perched on the smaller branch were to birds, one bigger than the other. Brielle bent down and tied her gray converse on. She tucked her phone into her back pocket and grabbed her backpack. Brielle walked out her door and saw that Lexi was doing the same. Brielle looked her up and down. Lexi was dressed almost identical to Brielle. Greyson left his room and laughed, "I guess someone's changing their outfit." And he went down the stairs. Brielle raised an eyebrow at Lexi who groaned at her. She turned on her heel and went back into her room to change. Brielle went down the stairs and sat at the table. Greyson was already wolfing down cereal. Brielle poured herself a glass of orange juice and sat down with Greyson. A few minutes later Lexi came down the stairs in skinny jeans and canary yellow ruffle shirt. She sat down and poured herself some cereal. Garrett walked into the kitchen looking at all three of the Homles kids sitting around the counter. "You guys ready to go in a little bit?" He asked.

"Yep." Lexi answered.

"Brielle you plan on eating anything for breakfast?" Garrett inquired.

"No I usually don't eat in the morning." Brielle replied.

"Well it's unhealthy to not eat in the morning. So pick something out even it's small. You have to eat something."

"I'm not hungry. Besides I have orange juice."

"Brielle pick something to eat, I will not tell you twice." Garrett said in a firm tone.

Brielle mumbled something under her breath, stood from her seat and picked up an apple from the counter. She made as much commotion as she could as she sat back down., to show Garrett that she was unhappy. She toyed with the apple in her hand. "It doesn't count unless you actually eat it." Garrett said. Brielle eyed the apple. It's red surface layered with lighter yellow spots, and a long stem. She twisted it off and ran her finger over a bruise near the top. "Brielle eat it." She sent him a glare.
"Those dirty looks you're giving me aren't going to change my mind. Now eat." Brielle sank her teeth into the crispness of the fruit. She chewed it up and swallowed it making a face. She placed the apple on the counter. "Brielle eat at least half of it. And if you make us late to school you're grounded." Brielle sighed and forced herself to eat half of the apple. Greyson and Lexi both put their bowls in the sink and went back upstairs to get their backpacks. Brielle's lifted up her apple. "Is that enough?" She asked sassily. Garrett inspected the apple. "Take another bite."

"I'm not three years old!" Brielle said angrily.

"You want to make it the whole thing?" Brielle stared at Garrett her face reddening with anger. She sunk her teeth into it and took another bite. "Was that so bad?" Brielle didn't answer, but simply threw the apple away and when Garrett's back was turned, spit the apple inside her mouth out. Garrett picked up his keys and called up the stairs, "Lexi, Greyson let's go!"

"Where are Dallas and Jace?" Brielle asked.

"They left early, had some stuff to do." Brielle nodded and walked out to the SUV and got in the front seat. She waited for a minute before Lexi Greyson and Garrett joined her. Garrett roared the engine to life and they drove off to school. Garrett parked the car and the kids got out, He called after them, "After practice Dallas will bring you home, no going anywhere else unless homework is done."