Chapter 6

Serenity's POV

        Lizzie thought it would be a better idea to drive to the mall because she was planning on blowing as much money as possible. I told her I would drive my car, which she was completely okay with. For one, Liz hates driving on days like this, and for two, she is in love with my car. My dad surprised me with it about two months ago, but the way it came wasn't the way it stayed. He arrived at the house in a 2013 Ford Mustang GT, it was a light grey, had almost everything it needed, but I decided to beg him to let me change it up some. The next week, I had it recolored to a deep red with black trim, got new seats put in it, speakers were put in place, and a new radio set-up was put in it. When it came back to me, it looked like a totally new car. 

        As we left out my garage, I plugged in my Aux cord, played my Sam Wilkinson playlist, which had songs that made Liz and I think of everyone from Omaha. We've both gotten used to being looked at when we came to some stop signs. It's like, guys don't believe we are driving a Mustang that's better than their vehicle. I guess they don't like teenage girls beating them at cars or something. The first store we went into was Lizzie's absolute favorite, Hot Topic. Hot Topic was the main place she got her shirts and bracelets. Although Liz and I are bestfriends, we have a different taste in clothes, somewhat. She's more of a dark when I'm more of the light side of our friendship. After her store, we went to Rue 21, and I couldn't wait to blow so much money there, to be honest. Rue 21 is like Hot Topic, yes, but it is more girly and colorful. The clothing they carry is more with the style of the hipsters and non-caring people. The main thing I wanted from there is crop tops, summer dresses, high-waisted shorts, and their perfume. While I shopped for all those, Lizzie looked up where we could get our Vans from. We both needed an abundance of those, so we settled on the idea of just getting them today. 

        Our eyes lit up when we saw all of colors and decorations on the Vans in the store. There were so many to choose from. They were ordered from color, then to size, then the shade of the color. It was like Heaven to us, but we knew we couldn't go too crazy. We left the store with five pairs each, smiling more than we have all day today. We stopped to snack at the candy store, got Starbucks, then headed to the car. I checked my phone once more before I pulled out, and I had zero notifications. My mind drifted to my dad, and I began to worry. I hadn't heard from him all day, but I bet he's too involved with his hot date to pay attention to the time or worry about what I was doing right now. Oh well though. I enjoyed having my freedom and his trust. His thinking on is that I haven't done anything to make him not trust me, but one day, maybe that will change? If I ever had the chance to do something bad, not legal, just bad, I just might take that chance.