Chapter 10

Serenity's POV

        "Good morning, class. I hope you've been studying the packets we went through together because there is going to be a test on them." The whole class groaned in response to my Physics teacher. Mrs. Liles started to speak about some kind of party at the end of the year. but my mind was on a totally different subject. I was in deep thought about where Liz was. She never skips class and today she wasn't in her spot. I wonder if the arguement we had this morning made her want to go home. Before my mind could let me process where she could possibly be, *bang*. "Mrs. Gallimore, I need you to pay attention to me," Mrs. Liles demanded. I signaled that I understood and for her to continue. There was a light knock on the door, interrupting the class. The student's eyes shifted to the door while Mrs. Liles was walking to see who was disturbing her class and her speech. As the door was yanked open, there stood Lizzie. 

        "Lizzie, it's so nice of you to join us." Lizzie looked behind her, pointing out someone was following closely behind her. The principal, Mr. Sage, popped into the classroom. Mrs. Liles put a smile on her face and said in a worried tone,"Oh, Mr. Sage, is there something wrong?" Mr. Sage greeted the class and told Mrs. Liles some news that made my stomach turn. "Well, Mrs. Liles. Lizzie came to me this morning and said she would like to switch classes." "Well, is there a problem going on in here that I am unaware of?" Lizzie shook her head as she whispered, "No, ma'am. It's just a personal reason. Nothing you could've prevented." Mrs. Liles gave Liz and the principal a slight smile and approved of her switching to sixth period.

          When lunch came, my eyes wandered through the lunch room, searching for Lizzie. Liz was just taking a seat in the far back corner, all by herself. I slowly approached her, giving her a half smile. "Hey, Liz. I know we argued this morning and said some stuff that wasn't exactly nice, but I'm really-" Liz stopped me by saying, "Serenity, I don't want to talk to you right now. What you said this morning was uncalled for, and I didn't appreciate you acting like that." I blew air while taking a seat and noticed a few people looking at us. "Lizzie. You said some hateful things to me, too. Don't act like you didn't. We need to work this out. We are bestfriends. We shouldn't let this come between us, and you know it." Lizzie sat in silence for a moment and acted like she was thinking about the whole situation. After what seemed like forever, Lizzie adjusted herself in the lunch chair while speaking,"I think we need some time apart. You need to figure out that this whole fandom thing isn't as important as we've made it out to be. I need to study more, and don't you worry, Serenity, I have a ride home." She snorted some, grabbed her tray, and sat down at the next table.