Chapter 14

Serenity's POV
        I can't believe my dad would drop the news on me like that. Mom hasn't been gone more than a few years, he just started dating this lady, and now, he suddenly wants to marry her. This is absolutely ridiculous, and if I have my way, this soon to be marriage will fall through quickly.
        I sped through my homework for the night and decided to go for a walk. I grabbed my Beats off of my nightstand, put on my shoes, and went down stairs. Before I could make it through the kitchen and to the door, my dad started tap his foot. "And just where do you think your going?" He questioned. "I'm going for a walk. I'll be back soon, but don't bother to wait up." Not giving him a chance to stop me, I rushed out of the door. The summer breeze hit me in the face, causing me to stop and take a deep breathe in. Instead of walking into the busy places of my town, I took the back way to the beach side. Every time I go this way, I see an older man beside a garbage dumpster. Occasionally, I stop and talk with him. Although he's half drunk and can't talk correctly most of the time, I like hearing him tell me that even though his life is rough, he still lives it to the fullest. That little man makes me so happy when I'm upset. He makes me realize life could be worse, so I usually forget about whatever I'm infuriated about.
        Tonight, he wasn't there. I decided to just keep walking towards the beach and that's when my phone went off. I saw my Twitter notification, and it said Matt had just tweeted. I scrolled to look at it and it read,"Exciting news coming in 30 seconds." I started to refresh his tweet page until I saw his next tweet. What I read made me squeal like a baby pig and made me jump around like an idiot. "I'm going to miss my Virginia friends, BUT I'M HAPPY TO SAY THAT I AM FLYING OUT TO L.A. TOMORROW AND STAYING THERE. YES, THAT MEANS I AM MOVING TO L.A." My mind started racing with all of the possibilities of me actually meeting him since he was moving to California. Nash and Cameron have been here for a few, but I just haven't had to time to search for them yet. Wait, hold up. Matthew is flying into L.A. tomorrow. That means he'll be at the airport here and could see fans when he landed. My eyes widened, and once more, I let out a squeal. I dragged down my quick tweet bar and tweeted,"If all goes as planned, Matt, be ready for tomorrow. I'll be at the airport waiting to finally meet you. Love, Serenity." I started to walk back to my house and thought about how I was going to skip school tomorrow and make it to the airport in enough time to meet the boy of my dreams, Matt Espinosa.