Chapter 19

Matthew's POV

        The guys and I were led out into the streets to our vehicle, occasionally stopping to greet fans and mingle with them. Even though I knew Serenity wasn't around, I looked for her anyways. I tried to play off my emotions when I was with all the fans because I really didn't want to let off bad vibes. If they could tell I was upset, they would start asking questions and assuming things. I squeezed into the suburban and buckled up before the driver took off. I stuck my head out the window and waved all the girls bye and blew them a kiss. Cameron and I made small talk while Carter and Nash were trying to figure out what we should do when the sun fades. Cameron mentioned going out to eat and maybe a movie, but Carter wanted to go to the big party of the night. 

        The driver dropped us off at the apartment building and handed me my bags that I brought onto the plane. Nash had me open up the door to his and Cameron's apartment because apparently he had to answer an important message. When I opened the door, people jumped out from behind all kinds of objects. A sign was hung up that said,"Welcome to Cali, Mattchuuu!" I looked back at the guys and grinned. "Now, where did all of you people come from, huh?" Nash was trying to play it off like he had no play in the mischief. Sammy and the Jacks came up to greet me as everyone else started getting some of the finger foods placed around the room. The Jacks and I did our handshake while Sammy asked how I have been. "Man, for the past week and a half, I've stressed so much. This big move and leaving my friends behind really got to me for a little while. I'm good now though." Nash must've overheard what I said and came into our conversation. "Okay? He is not okay. I think Matt lost his mind in the past week or so. Dude walked right past us at the airport. Seemed like he was chasing someone in the crowd. He almost got mobbed by all the screaming girls' huddle." Realizing what Nash was referring to, I just looked at him. I nudged it off because I wasn't going to let it bother me. The guys don't even know about Serenity, so of course they won't understand. 

        Later on in the day, the little party started to die down. Guests started to head out to hit the city for the night. Even on week days, there is something to do in L.A. I was unpacking when Carter came into the room I was staying in. "Matt, are you going to go out tonight? Let's celebrate, man." I was hesitant and it showed in my facial expression. Carter paused and took a seat on the half-made bed. "Matt, do you want to talk about something? I noticed at the airport you were acting distraught. Is something the matter?" I casted my phone that had Serenity's Twitter pulled up on the bed. Carter's face held incertitude, so I said,"Serenity. Her name is Serenity." It seemed that the light bulb above Carter's head lit up when I said her name. "Wait, Matthew. Why were you saying her name at the airport?" Before I I could tell him, Carter was gasping. "Dude, she was there, wasn't she? You were trying to get to her. Matthew, who is Serenity? Explain to me why--." I put my hand over his mouth, hushing him up. I breathed in real deep and sat next to Carter. 

        "Okay. I'm going to sum this all up for you, but until I am done telling you all of it, you have to just listen. Alright?" Carter didn't speak; he just shook his head, agreeing with my commands. "Serenity is a girl off of Twitter. Yes, she is a fan. Yes, she is a 'Matt girl', but honestly, that isn't what caught my eye. When I was doing my following spree the other day, Serenity posted a picture of herself. She's stunning, Carter. I checked out her Twitter, did some research, and talked about all this to Bobby. I've been dead set on finding this girl, bro. I want do it in a cute way though. I don't want to just follow Serenity and DM her. I want to find her and surprise her in some type of way. I know the most important things about her and know I can find her if I really get down to it. I want to do it as soon as possible, Carter. Seeing her today and not being able to get to her really tore me down. You saw it, dude. I know I sound crazy, but I just want to go for all of this."

        Carter was quiet for a moment and began to speak but stopped shortly after. He glanced down at my phone to see Serenity's page once again. He looked up to me and down again to my phone's screen. As I started to worry about what Carter was going to say, I fiddled with my fingers. Carter rested his hand on my back and cut me a smile. "Matthew, dude, if you want to find this girl like this, I think you should. Why not go for it? Any girl who would turn you down after going through all this to find her is dumb. If you know what you need to know to find her and do what you need to do, Matt, go for it. I just sat her and watched your eyes light up and talked like she put the sun in the sky, and truthfully, I have never seen you like this before. Never over a girl, bro. I'll stand behind you through all of the things to come and make sure you find Serenity."

        I didn't even reply to Carter. I just leaned over and hugged him. After releasing Carter, I said,"Should I tell the other guys or no?" "That's your choice, Matthew. If you want to now, we can call them in here. I'll be here to back you up, but I bet the guys are going to be all for you doing this." I analyzed my situation and called out to the guys. The boys all filed in and had Nerf guns with them. "Come on, guys! Let's play a game." Nash was eager to goof off. Especially since all of us haven't been together in what seems a lifetime. 

        Carter looked at me and back at the guys. "Matt, are you going to tell them about what you want to do? Do I need to tell them?" I could tell Carter was doing all he could to push me into telling the guys. Sam asked,"What is it, Matthew?" The guys all had looks of curiosity and confusion on their faces. I thought about just saying forget it, but then, I thought about Serenity. Carter nudged me, causing me to blurt out, "I want to meet a fan." Cameron spoke up, "We do meet fans, Matthew." I shook my head, saying, "No, no. I want to find her and meet her. Her name is Serenity. She has a fan account and is different than the rest." Nash scratched his head and looked at me with an attentive expression. "Do you know where she lives or anything? I mean, if you're really wanting to find Serenity, I'm in."

        One by one, the guys all agreed to help me to find my mystery girl and wanted to know as much as I did about her. I told them I knew Serenity had to live close around us because she came to LAX and all of the other things I knew. With a small talk about my plan, the boys said they were going to support me and help me in every single way they could.