Chapter 13

Matthew's POV

        I set the food on the blanket, naming it off as I pulled it out of the basket. I brought along all of our favorite food and snacks. While I was doing that, Bobby was walking around the treehouse, looking at all of the items that were safely stored in our little get-a-way place. I noticed her looking at a few pieces of paper, maybe some old drawing. The look Bobby's face held told me she was highly interested and a little upset about whatever her eyes were fixed on. I slowly moved in behind her and rested my head on her shoulder. Bobby jumped, which let me know I startled her with my light touches. Her eyes went back to the paper she was holding, making mine do the same. The paper was wrinkled, torn, and had water spots on it, but I could clearly read what it was titled. "Bobby and Matthew's Dream Wedding. By: Matthew (mainly) and Bobby." I looked over the page Bobby was holding and the memories came into my mind from when we wrote it. We would come up here and write down all these little ideas about our future. While we were young, we always said we would grow old together and have kids. It was just our little thing.

        "Bobby, are you okay?" I heard her sniffle, so I grabbed her face. "Bobby, look at me. It's going to be okay." I saw the sadness her eyes beared. "Matt, this isn't fair." I let my head fall, making myself look at my feet. "Bobby, you know I have to go," I murmured. "No, you don't Matthew. You can just stay right here and do what you need to do. It's not like moving to LA is going to change anything," she scoffed. My eyes darted back up her. . "Yes, it does change things. Moving to California is going to allow me to be more capable of collaborating with more people that can help me get bigger. With Magcon ending for the guys and I, we all have more time to expand with what we are doing. By doing so, I can finally begin to make my dream even bigger. My fans, Bobby, they're depending on me doing more events. I need to go and get into more of them. It's not all about me. It's about the ones who got me where I am today, and I plan on doing everything I can to be able to make them happier. I'll come see you as much as I can. I'll fly back as soon as I can, Bobby. I promise you that." My voice cracked, which let her know I was getting disconcerted. Bobby immediately grabbed my waist and looked up at me. "Matty, I love you. Knowing you're going to be so far from me just stresses me out more than anyone here can understand. You're going to be thousands of miles away, and that makes me know you won't be able to come see me late at night when I'm falling to pieces in my bathroom floor or when I'm so sick I can hardly move. No one has seen me in those ways, except you. I can't lose my bestfriend." By this time, tears covered both of our cheeks. I pulled her into me, letting my head rest on hers. I leaned her head up and let her forehead rest on mine. "You aren't losing me. I'm not losing you. I swear, okay?" She let her smile show and replied, "Okay, Matty. Now, can we eat and talk about what you need to tell me?" I rolled my eyes at how fast her mood could change and said,"Yes, yes we can because this is super important!" I kissed her cheek, which is normal for us, and led her to the blanket.

        When we settled down and started to eat, I spilled all my thoughts and feelings about Serenity. Bobby had a look of deep interest and excitement on her face about all of it. Before I finished, she blurted,"Do you know where she is?" I sighed,"Nope, I don't. I want to find her without actually following her and asking where she actually lives." Bobby thought for a moment and asked if I had any clues where she was located at. "I do know she must live close to a beach or something. Her bestfriend must be Lizzie, so I mean, if I have to, I guess I could talk to Lizzie." Bobby shook her head, saying no. "I think if you really want to find this girl and want to get to know her, you should do it by finding it all out yourself. Show me her Twitter!" I pulled it up on my phone and let Bobby examine it some. She grinned and said,"Aw, Espinosa boy. She's really pretty, seems like a total sweetheart, and is for sure a Matt girl." "I know, I know. I do know that her last name is Gallimore, though." "Hey, that's a good start. Maybe I can go all detective and really look through all of her tweets. I'll try to see if she has an Instagram or something, too." I shouted, "Yes, Bobby! You've always been good at this stuff! I'm glad you're with me on this one. Come over tonight and we'll start, okay?" "Yes, I can do that. Then, I'll just go with your parents when you go to the airport and send you off," she answered.