Chapter 55

[Day of Competition]

"Y/N-ah! Hurry up so we can get there in time to get you your cheesey pretzel!!"

"Okay coming!!"

You smile wide into your mirror and look at yourself one last time, the soft baby blue sweater dress littering tebderly down your exposed legs, the cast taking away from your look.

This stupid thing.

I can't wait until I get this off.

"Y/N-AH!"

"COMING!"

You huff in frustration and hobble down the stairs with your crutches to see Jin smiling wide at you, his arms full of teddy bears and roses."

"Wait...are those for Jimin?"

"Of course! I've been to every competition Jimin-ah has ever been in. Since....our mom and his dad never shows up, I want him to know I'm there for him."

Aww...Jimin is right....Jin is like a mom...he supports Jimin since he doesn't have parents really....

With a warm smile you push yourself outside and over to Jin's matching black Audi, the seats so familiar to you now.

After riding in these cars, they make mine seem like a piece of junk...

I have to remember all of this isn't mine though....what about after the competition?

Will I still stay with them?

My parents don't seem to be coming back anytime soon...what am I going to do?...

"Y/N-ah, if this is too much for you we can stay home....Jimin-ah will understand completely if you don't want to go...."

"N-No! I'll be fine! I was just...lost in thought is all."

"Alright....then we are off!"

"We are off!!!"

···············

"Is the pretzel everything you ever dreamed of?"

You smile wide and push a torn piece of the fluffy pretzel into the warm melted cheese and nod, your tastebuds exploding with the flavor and high salt.

"Yes. I've always wanted to know what one of these tasted like."

"Why...why didn't you ever just have one? If you don't mind me asking."

"Well....my mom has always been confusing. She'll complain that I never ate enough, but then tells me not to eat so much because a skater needs to have a nimble body...she didn't want me eating junk like this."

"Ah I see...so she was at your competitions?"

"No....she never came to them...my coach would pick me up most of the time and bring me home from the competitions....my mom didn't like watching them, she said the music was boring."