Prologue

3RD PERSON POV
   Shu and (y/n) were out in the fields of the Kingdom of Flames. One of six kingdoms. The Kingdoms of Flames, Crystals, Skies, Agriculture, Animals, and Dragons. Both of you were fourteen and just found out about the engagement. Let's just say things were... awkward.
   "So, that engagement. Look, I know this is going to be weird and all, but we're friends. So I guess that's why our parents wanted us to marry?" The (h/c) haired girl asked.
   "Or they just want to do it to make both of our countries more powerful. That's the most logical explanation." The albino next to her replied. "Granted, this isn't the worst desicion my parents have ever made." He shot (y/n) a small, lighthearted smirk. Shu took her hand in his and lightly caressed it with his thumb.
   Both were sadly interrupted by yelling coming from outside the royal fields near the castle. The two fourteen years old's heads shot to the stone wall. "What's going on?" The young princess asked, wondering what the heck happened.
   "I don't know (y/n). How about we check it out?" The albino asked with a smug smirk replacing his lighthearted one.
   Before the (y/n) could answer Shu took her hand and dragged her to the large gated area of the wall. Looking through the square open parts of the gate, all that was seen was something that was sadly out of the ordinary.
   "It's been two weeks! Where is the rent the king asked for!?" A guard yelled at a poor looking woman.
   "Please, we had gotten robbed of everything ever since you drafted my husband to the army. I have to care for three children all by myself. I'm sorry! I can't pay for this year's rent." The woman looked tired with ragged clothing.
   (y/n) tugged onto Shu's red suit. "We should do something. It's not her fault that your parents passed that law to enforce all men that are twenty-two to go serve in the army for at least two years." Her (color) eyes bored into Shu's crimson ones.
   "You know we can't do that (y/n). I'm sorry, this happens all the time. We can't stop it all." Shu replied.
   "I wish the world want like this." The albino could clearly see his fiance's mood shift from happy to gloomy.
   "I also wish we could do something, but then how could things get done? Or have a protection army."
   "We could rebuild the whole Kingdom's economy from the ground up."
   "That's crazy (y/n)! You know how terrible that could lead if we failed!" Shu kind of regretted how he had to yell to get the phrases through the princess's head.
   (y/n) hung her head low. "I, guess. Let's just go inside the castle and read or something." Shu took her hand and began to lead her inside when he heard a scream. The albino turned his head to see the ragged woman on the ground. With that, he began thinking as he lead his fiance inside.

TIME SKIP
YOUR POV
   It's been years since that day. The day I last saw Shu, or the Kingdom of Flames. That day happened two years ago. I'm eighteen now and much has happened.
   The day of fire represents the beginning of the reign of Red Eye. He is the most feared name in all six kingdoms. The reason is because of how he's taken down three of the six kingdoms. The only kingdoms left are the Kingdom of Crystals, Dragons, and Agriculture.
   My parents have been sprawled into a panic. We could be next. I walked into the throne room to see Valt's and Lui's parents at a table talking with mine and both boys standing to the side.
   I walked over to the side and asked the spiky haired Prince what was going on. "Valt, what is happening?"
   "Our parents are trying to create a plan to take down Red Eye. But none of them seem to be agreeing." Valt explained to me.
   "Well, of course none would agree because all of them want to lead the strike. Why can't your parents just let my parents runt his operation." Lui explained.
   "Oh shut it Lui!" I was fuming, I never liked the Prince of the Kingdom of Dragons, he was always a jerk to everyone, especially Shu, the reason is unknown to all of us.
   "We need to do something, do you want your kingdoms to end up like the Kingdom of Flames, none of the royalty survived!" Lui's parents yelled.
   That really hit me, I never wanted to accept that Shu was dead. I had a crush on him even before we were engaged.
   "Well since none of us can agree, then we're out! Lui, let's go now!" The royal family of Dragons left the palace.
   "We will figure this out, I hope." My parents explained to Valt's.
   Valt looked at me. "We all know you miss him (y/n), I do too. He was my best friend. I'm sure he's out there somewhere." Valt patted my back and walked to his parents and left.
   I walked over to my parents. "Mom. Dad. What are we going to do?"
   "We have an idea, but we don't know how you will react." My mother explained some more. "The only family that won't get on the same page as us is the family of Dragons. But they said they will, if you married Lui."
   "What!? You can't be serious mom!" I looked at her face, but she didn't seem to be joking.
   "The Agriculture family will join, but the family of Dragons won't let us do anything, unless you and Lui get married. I'm sorry, we aren't going to force you into this. Just... think."
   I couldn't do this. I ran up to my room and slammed the door. I then heard a knock on my door. "Princess, are you okay?"
   It was Shasa. She was my personal hand maid and the only real friend I had in this castle. I walked over to my huge brown wooden door and opened it.
   "I heard what happened." Shasa gave me a hug. "Lets get you inside."
   I couldn't hold back my tears and began to cry. "Oh, okay then... it's going to be okay princess."

SOMEWHERE
??? POV
   Don't worry my queen. Everything will be okay soon. Your suffering will be over and you will be in my arms safe and sound. Just three more kingdoms to go and the world will be ours.
   I looked through the window of the palace in the Kingdom of Crystals and ran to my horse to go back to my base. Looking at the map I took my sword and slashed out the Kingdom of Agriculture.
   "First them, and then I'll come for you and your kingdom my darling. Everything will be perfect just for you..."

_____________________________________________
1156 Words!

I hope you enjoy this book because I am so excited to write this! Thank you for waiting for this to come out since I have been coming up with a storyline since my last story. By the way, if you haven't yet, check out my other book Does He Love Me? Shu Kurenai x Reader.