29. The world is a wild place

I know the ages/era isn't perfect, but it's a fic, not real life
I also have nothing against Jamia.

Y/N's P.O.V.

"Can't sleep either?" My head snapped to the left, looking onto the hotel balcony next to mine. Frank was looking over at the nighttime traffic in nothing but pyjama bottoms.

"It's kind of hard to when I've got all this running through my head." I sighed, diverting my eyes away from the many tattoos that ran along his upper body.

"All what?" Frank asked, looking at me.

"24 hours. That's all it took for you to come back into my life and ruin my relationship, make me homeless and confuse me all at once." I sighed.
"It's not easy, but you've done it."

"Don't give me all the credit." Frank chuckled.
"But seriously, are you okay?"

"No." I answered honestly. He picked up a pack of cigarettes and took one.

"You still smoke?" He offered me one and I took it.

"Nope." He lit his with a small chuckle, before throwing me his lighter. I threw it back once my cigarette was lit.
"So what's happened in the past few years? I have no idea about any of your lives." I admitted.

"Seriously? Nothing?" He asked and I shrugged.
"Lyndsey? Bandit? Jamia? The twins?" He asked and I felt really awkward.

"Sorry, I have no fucking idea who you're talking about." I admitted and Frank laughed. We both finished our cigarettes.
"Do you want to come in and talk?"

"Yeah." He went inside and so did I. I unlocked my hotel room door and dropped onto the bed, just as a knock could be heard. The door opened and Frank walked in. Thankfully, and unfortunately, he had put a tee on.
"You ready for a catch-up?"

"Hit me, Iero." He chuckled and dropped down next to me.

"Gerard is married, he has a daughter named Bandit Lee Way." My jaw dropped.

"You're shitting me?" I asked and he laughed.

"No, he married Lyndsey Ballato and Bandit is just adorable, 2 years old." He smiled.
"Then there's Jamia Nestor." He sighed.
"Our divorce is still being finalised."

"Shit, Frank I had no idea." I said in surprise and he shook his head.

"It's complicated, we were having problems and then I got her pregnant. We tried to make it work after the twins were born, but we seem to get along better as friends more than anything." He shrugged.

"Twins?" I questioned in shock.
"No way, congrats. How old are they? I want details, Frankie!" He laughed a little and pulled out his phone.

"Cherry and Lily, my little girls." He grinned proudly, showing me a picture.
"They're 1 year old next week. We're making it back to the US a few days before, so we can catch up on sleep."

"Good for you, Frank." I said genuinely.
"You deserve the whole family thing."

"You say that like you don't?" He asked and I shrugged.

"No one really wants to date the partially suicidal girl covered in scars, who's only real talent is playing the Piano and being awkward." I said in a light tone. He pulled a face and shook his head.

"You need rest." He said and I rolled my eyes.
"Get into bed."

"You get into bed." I childishly replied.

"How about I lay with you?" Frank asked and I gave him a small smile. That seemed to be permission enough as we both climbed under the covers. Frank turned into his side to look at me.
"Tell me why?"

"Did you purposely just quote the Backstreet Boys, or were you asking a serious question?" I asked with a cheeky smile.

"Both."

"Why what, Frank?" I asked and he touched my arm, moving it towards him. He began to roll up my sleeve, but I pulled my arm away. He looked at me sadly and I sighed.
"I've had depression for years, I had it when I knew you. It went away for a while, but then it came back worse and I just don't see the point sometimes."

"You should." He muttered.
"If you ever feel like that, I want you to call me, okay? I don't care if we haven't spoken in 5 years or 5 minutes. I don't care if it's 2 in the morning, or 2 in the afternoon. You shouldn't have to deal with it alone." He placed a gentle kiss to my head and I smiled at him.

"Thank you, Frankie, really."

"Anytime, sweetheart."