7. Cats or get the fuck out

Y/N's P.O.V. 

I didn't understand why I offered my hand to Frank and I definitely didn't understand why he took it. Obviously he let go so we could get into his car, but once we were in and belted up, he connected our hands again. I didn't question it, he was clearly upset about something and I figured I'd just let it slide for the time being.

"You weren't joking when you said you didn't live too far away, were you?" I said with a slight smile as Frank shut off the engine. He let go of my hand and wordlessly got out of the car. I followed and we went inside, finding the house surprisingly clean. I would have thought, considering he lived on his own, this place would be a mess. I was clearly wrong.

"Uh, do you want anything to drink?" He asked and I looked around, before my eyes landed on his.

"Surprise me." I smiled and he nodded. I went and sat on the couch and Frank came back a few minutes later with two cups of what looked like hot chocolate. My eyes lit up as he placed the cup down in front of me and sat down beside me.
"Thanks."

"You can watch whatever you want, I'm not bothered." He muttered and I nudged him.

"You shouldn't say that. Secretly, deep down, I.." I gestured to myself.
"Am a massive nerd. There's not much stopping me from playing Star Wars or Lord of the Rings."

"Oh really?" Frank asked with a small laugh.
"Well then it's a good job both of those movie franchises are pretty rad."

"Pretty rad?" I laughed and he pouted.
"Who says that?"

"I do." He shrugged and I rolled my eyes.

"So, do you want to talk about it, or are we going to sit here all day and pretend it didn't happen?" I asked, changing the subject.

"I said 'pretty rad', I didn't confess to murder." Frank snorted.

"Not what I'm talking about and you know it." I sighed.
"We don't have to talk about it, if it makes you uncomfortable."

"You're referring to what happened at school?" He asked and I nodded.
"It just pissed me off to think that some people are stupid enough to believe I'd hit someone who didn't deserve it."

"I understand that, but honestly? I kind of thought you were pissed at me." I admitted.
"I don't know. I thought it was the fact that people assumed we were dating that made you pissed at me or something."

"What? Why would that piss me off?" I shrugged and picked up my hot chocolate, taking a sip.

"You're... unpredictable. Your whole group is. One minute you look like stone cold punks, then suddenly you're all saving my ass." I placed my cup down and turned so my body was facing him.
Usually, I avoided eye contact, but there was something about his hazel eyes that drew me in.
"You intrigue me."

"Good." Frank smiled, before winking. He didn't seem to want to break the eye contact either and I opened my mouth to say something when his phone began to ring.
"Sorry, it's Gerard."
He answered it and gave me an almost apologetic smile.
"Okay, Gee, calm down. Come over to mine, okay? Y/N's here and you'll be okay. I'll let Mikey know he needs to get a lift off Ray."
He stood up and I looked at him in concern.
"Okay, I'll pick you up, just calm down. I'll be there in a few minutes." 

"What's happening?" I asked worriedly as he hung up and Frank groaned.

"I told you Gerard's got stuff going on, right?" He asked and I nodded.
"He's not okay right now and-"

"Go and get him." I interrupted.
"Tell me later, you need to go. I can stay here and help if you need me to?"

"Thanks. I'll only be a few minutes." He said, before practically running out of the door.
What mess had I just let myself be pulled into?