2

Naomi's P.O.V.

September 2, 1962
(Fast forward)

My mother killed her self about 3 months ago. Meaning it was now early September, everyone would now be back in school.

After we left the old house with the cops. A lot of shit happened within the short time.

Flashback.

(Hi, little note, the book takes place in 1962, the mighty ducks in 1992, but we're going to keep it in the year 1962, so don't be confused; also, Jesse Hall isn't in the book, since he's DeNunez in the first one)

June 21, 1962

"Come with me." The police officer who drove us to the station said as we got out of the car.

I followed behind him holding Lucy, and once again Cam walking next to me.

My fear was still rushing through my veins. I couldn't believe that I just saw all of that happened right in front of me.

The flash of the gun when the trigger was pull replayed in my mind with the audio of it going off too. That's all that played.

I couldn't dare to think what was going to happen to us. I mean, now that we have no legal guardian, and I'm not old enough to get a house for all of us. I know what was probably going to happen. Either all of us are going to spilt up in either foster care or boy/girl homes. I didn't want to think like that.

I knew a miracle would have to happen for something to go my way. Like Mrs. Rodriguez walking through that door and letting us stay with her. Or even Mrs. Smalls for all I care.

The last thing I wanted to do was be in a foster care.

"Officer Mitchner, this is the 3 kids that called in about their mother."

"Okay, how about we go back to my office?" He asked as he walked down the hallway. I once again follow behind and then all 4 of us reach a room and he walked in waiting for us, then closed the door.

"So, lets start small. What are yours guys name?"

"I'm Naomi North. This is my brother Cameron and my sister Lucy." I answered.

He wrote this down while asking another question, "And how old are you guys?"

"I'm 15, Cameron 11, and Lucy 5."

He nodded writing it down then putting his pen down, "Do you guys have a legal guardian that you could stay with?"

I shook my head, "My father passed away 3 years ago today and I don't know of any family."

He nodded, "And can you explain to me what happened tonight?"

I nodded, "I was coming home from the sandlot," he cut me off.

"The sandlot?" He asked putting his head in his hand.

I nodded, "A private baseball diamond me and my friends play at. When we were walking up to the house I noticed how quiet it was. It was never that quiet." He cut me off again.

"What do you mean it was never that quiet?"

"She always screamed at us, she was never really a mother to us after my father died. She was always drunk, or sleeping, or not even home. But it seems to quiet and unusual to be okay."

"I'm going to stop you there. Let me take the other kids to another officer to get questioning while I stay with you." He said standing up opening the door.

I nodded as Cam and Lucy walked out going over to a desk that wasn't far from the office I was in.

He turned around, closed the door, and sat back down where he was.

"Okay, go on."

"I walked through the house with them, and when we reached the hallway where all the bedrooms were. I told the others to stay in the living room while I walked back to make sure it was fine." I paused starting to get emotional, "She was sitting on her bed starting at the wall, repeating the same one line to herself."

"What was that line Naomi?"

"You are beautiful." I mumbled, "She would say it three times, then when I would ask her a question she would change it to something else."

"Which was?"

"You are mine. Always mine." I mumbled again.

"So what happened after that."

"She brought the gun to her head, but just sat it there. She didn't do anything. Then she said something else. She said, "You are my whole life. Pink. Flowers. Family. Baseball. Pink. Flowers. Family. Baseball. You are my whole life."

"What does that mean?" He asked getting ready to write down whatever I was about to tell him.

"It was things my father put into his wedding vowels. I was born before their wedding, so the pink was me, flowers from the wedding, family the thing they were starting, and baseball my fathers whole life." I choked.

"So why did your mother kill herself?"

I shrugged, "Maybe she couldn't handle it anymore. She finally did it."

He nodded, "Okay, well, since you don't have any family in town, we are going to have to do the next best thing."

"You're going to put me in a foster care, aren't you?" I asked looking away from him.

"Yeah, I will."

"You're going to spilt me and my family up, aren't you?"

"Well, it depends on how things are going to go. Tonight we are going to send someone back to your house to get your thi-"

"What is going to happen to me and them?" I asked, pointing my head to the room that sat all the other officers.

"You're going to get put into foster care." He said calmly.

I huffed looking away from him, "Why can't I live where I want? Why can't I stay with someone I want? Why can't I do what I want and live with someone I know where I'll be happy?"

"That's not how the law works. Now you and Cameron and Lucy will get put into foster care-"

"And if we're lucky, we'll get put into the same one right?" I cut him off.

He nodded slowly.

"You can go to hell." I said standing up walking out of the office.

"Where do you think you're going?" I hear behind me.

I pointed to Cameron and Lucy, "Come on."

I didn't answer whoever was talking, I just walked to the door, not turning back.

"Where are we going?" Cam asked opening the door.

"Getting the hell out of here." I mumbled, walking to the street ahead of the station.