16

Naomi's P.O.V.

Flashback
August 1, 1962

"Don't tell me how to run my team. Got it?" Gordon was yelling at another coach, Coach Riley.

"Then tell your players to leave mine alone!" He yelled at them.

"How about you take your own advise!" I yell over at him.

We were at the ice rink, in the middle of practice when this bitch wants to hall in here with his goones of a team with him. You could tell that the Coach Riley was not happy. But for him to walk in here and start yelling at us didn't make me so happy either. And when I'm not happy, nobody is about to be happy.

At first I was going to let Gordon handle it, but I like to run my mouth.

"What did you just say to me young lady?" He yelled across the ice to me, pointing at me.

I push past the team, and walk onto the ice, "Talk to Gordon or the team like that again, I'll show you something to complain about. Now get out of here before I call the cops."

As much as I really don't like Gordon, he was apart of the team so I guess sticking up for him wasn't going to be the end of the world.

"Maybe I should call the cops on you beating up on my team, hm?" He questioned back.

"Go ahead, no one is going to believe a 15 year old girl could beat the mess out of your team. Now, me and my team are trying to practice. So have a nice day Mr. Riley." I said and walked back over to the team on the ice.

"This war that you have started Gordon, it isn't over." Coach Riley said and walked out with this team.

Gordon just rolled his eyes, putting his hands on his hips. He turned away from him, and started to walk back over to us.

"Naomi, you've got to stop with the mouthing off to them. They could seriously get us into trouble." He mumbled as he walked past me.

I crossed my arms, "I'm not doing nothing but giving them a taste of what they do to everyone else."

"I understand that, but that team has everything. They could kick us out of the league." He said as stopped and turned around to face me.

"Okay, fine, whatever." I mumbled, and walked into the box past him and sat on the bench.

"If they ever do anything, come and tell me first. That goes for all of you." He called out to everyone.

"If they put their hands on me, I ain't stopping." I mumbled.

"Let's just get back to practice." He called and everyone went back to what they were doing before the hawks walked in.

"Naomi, can I have a word with you?" Gordon called out to me as everyone was skating back to the locker rooms.

I turned around and looked up at him as he walked over to me, "What did I possibly do now?"

He stopped, and crossed him arms, looking down at the ice, "What is your deal?"

I was kinda taken back by the question, "How am I supposed to an-"

"I didn't mean it like that." He hurried but then paused, "I mean, why do you act like you always have to fight? You always have to make things right, you never leave anything alone. Why do you do that?"

I sighed, "It was how I was raised. I never back down from something, if it's wrong, I show what is right. I fight to show that I'm not scared."

"So why do you have to make a point with those boys? Hm?" He asked, crossing his arms.

I looked up at him, as he was doing the same thing, "They don't treat people the way they should be. I don't like how they treat the team."

"Yeah, okay, whats the real reason?" He mumbled, not believing me.

He didn't believe a damn thing that was coming out of my mouth. Just like everyone else.

I looked back down at the ice, "They're rich, preppy, they shit on everyone who doesn't have what they have. They shit on people who aren't as good." I paused getting my words together, then looking up at him, "Those are the type of people that I don't want to raise Cam or Lucy into. And they sure as hell don't have the right to bully someone who can't get what they have."

He nodded, "Something happen that makes you feel this way?"

"I've been through a lot of shit Gordon, life isn't easy. And it sure as hell is even worse when you have people like them walking around to constantly say it to you too." I mumbled, and pushed myself off the wall.

I walked away from whatever conversation we just had and to the front doors, hoping to get some fresh air. There's nothing else in life right now that I want more then to be with the guys again.

I need money, and I need my money now.