24

Naomi's P.O.V.

Flashback
(Last chapter)

August 31, 1962

It's two weeks later, the day has finally come, 2 days before we all leave and things go back to normal, seeing the guys again. And once again being happy.

"Hey guys, can you come to the kitchen! All of you please!" I call out through out the apartment.

Cam and Charlie came walking through the hallway, and sat down at the chair. Lucy was already sitting down at one, and soon Casey walked through the door, seeing all of us, and seeing down at the head of the table.

"What's up Ni?" Cam asked, crossing his hands on the table, looking up at me.

"I have news, for all of you." I start out, "I don't really know how to deliver the news, but I think I know how to start." I pause again, looking over at Casey, "Casey and Charlie, I can't even say with words how much I'm thankful for you opening your home to us and letting us stay for these past months. It's been hard trying to find our way around, and getting back to our feet. I really appreciate everything. Just being there, feeding us, giving us shelter, and a place to sleep. That's more kindness then our own mother could give us. I don't even know how to repay you."

She smiled, starting to bring tears to her eyes, "You don't have to repay me, you guys are the children I never had."

"Yeah, you guys are siblings that I never had either, it's cool having someone my own age around here." Charlie also added.

I smile, looking down at the table, "Cam and Lucy, there is something that I'm actually keeping away from you. It's been a plan that I've been working towards since late July ." I paused looking up at Cam, "I knew from the start that you didn't like it here, and you told me how you even felt about it here. Which was another reason why I'm doing this."

"What are you saying Naomi?" Cam asked, surprise as ever.

"I've worked my way around to get us enough money to rent a house, and the things that we need to move." I kinda explained.

"Move? Move where?" Lucy asked, now sitting up.

"We're moving back to Utah." I smile at Cam and Lucy.

The reaction from Cam was such a relief. It looked like a kid on Christmas finally getting that toy he wanted. Fireworks were basically going off too. He stood up from his chair, smiling so big at me, rushing to give me a hug.

"Thank you so much Ni, this is the best thing ever." He whispered.

"I get to see Benny again?" Lucy asked, starting to stand from her chair too.

I chuckled smiling at her, "Yeah baby, you do."

She giggled while also running towards me, giving me a hug.

"So, have you decided when your living?" Casey asked, "And the whole plan with getting over there?"

I nodded, "We're leaving tomorrow night, which will be my last pay day at the stores that I work at. Then drive out to Utah, when we get there, it should be late afternoon of Sunday, which is when I go to get the house. Then I unload everything, head over to Benny's who has a lot of things from the old house before we came here. Then bring that back to the house, take that day to unpack, Monday go to the school and daycare to register me, Cam, and Lucy, then get what we need, Tuesday start at school and daycare, then getting home from school I stop by my old job, hopefully getting my job back, and if not, then hopefully find another job. But the money that I have saved for rent of this house should cover my first two months, so I should have enough time to find a job."