23

Naomi's P.O.V.

Flashback
August 22, 1962

Less than 2 weeks I will be back in Utah with the g slove of my life, and happy again. The last week has hit pretty hard, the store has about 5 more days left till the bank takes it. That means the last few days that I'll be working it basically packing the place up, from ceiling to floor.

Me and Benny have been writing but since it takes so long from the letter to even get here it hasn't been that long of a conversation. I haven't told him about me moving back, so when I do, that'll be a surprise for him. Tomorrow I should be calling about the house and hopefully renting it.

As for today, well today is always a mystery. It's going on 2 in the afternoon, Charlie and Cam went down to the skatepark so I'm guessing they're rolling blading around there with the ducks. Which just leaves Casey and Lucy and me at work.

I'm still around the clock trying to get as much money as I possibly can. I'm going to be working till the very last day I'm here, which will be my pay day. So my last paycheck is the same day.

I'm telling you, I've plan this whole thing to the prefect brim.

"Um, hey Gina, I need to talk to you." I say to my boss as I walk into the break room, seeing her sitting there.

"Oh hey Naomi, what's up?" She asked looking up from her notebook.

"I'm here to give you my two weeks notice." I said giving her a paper.

"You're leaving?" She asked taking the paper.

I nodded, "Yes, I'm actually moving to Utah in the next two weeks, which is why I'm giving you this."

"Oh, well, okay, thank you for telling me."

I nodded walking out of the break room, getting back to the things that I need to get done.

Checklist:
Name change *check*
Quit job *check*

Next on my checklist is to tell Cam and Lucy about leaving, and then Charlie and Casey that we are officially leaving. Then to tell the ducks, because they have yet to know that this is happening.

I walked down the side walk going back home, it was pretty late, almost 9. I held Lucy's hand and my bag in the other, watching around closely.

"Ni?" I hear Lucy, as she starts to tug on my hand.

"Yeah." I answer back, looking downward towards her.

"Are we ever going to see Benny again?"

I grin a little bite at her, "Why do you ask?"

She shrugged, looking down at the ground, "I haven't seen him in a little while."

"Oh, well, don't worry about that, we will be seeing him sooner then you can even think."

She looks up at me, "What about dad? We will ever see him again?"

I look up at the night sky stunned at the question. What would even make her think that?

"Uh, do you believe that we will see him again?" I ask as I looked back down at her

"I hear you talk to him." She said softly, "So if you can see him, I should be able too, right?"

I lick my lip, and bite down on it, "Baby," I started, and pause before I say something I might regret, "daddy is in a way better place there."

"A better place?" She said, looking up at me confused.

"Remember that dream I always told you and Cam, about leaving? Going to California and being a big happy family?"

"Yeah."

"That's where he is, waiting for us." I smile softly.

"Then what are we waiting for?" She said getting excited.

I chuckle, looking back at the night sky, "For the day to come, our freedom, and everything to be right again."