3

Naomi's P.O.V.

Flashback

June 26, 1962

We didn't stop walking till we saw something that we knew where we were.

That was hours and hours of walking that we did. I mean hours of walking that we did. Finally seeing the store that I work at.

"C'mon this way. Home is just down the street." I said, picking up my speed as we reached the beginning of the neighborhood.

As we reached the street we lived on. Everything stood still. The house was covered in caution type. And signs that said private property.

The house was not even our house, not our home. It was a crime scene from a movie. Like the haunted house on top of the hill that no one goes to.

I shrugged walking up to my window, trying to open it, but it was locked. So I tried every window.

"No, damnit open." I mumbled.

I looked around trying to find a rock, or something big and heavy to break open the window. When I finally did, I went to the back of the house so no one saw us and chucked the rock threw the window, and then climbed through.

"Ni, what are you doing?" Cam asked from outside.

"We need to get our stuff, I'm not leaving dads stuff behind." I mumbled bringing up Lucy and then helped Cam through the window.

We all stood on the couch, now looking back at the house. It was just like we left it, but the fact that my mother killed herself in this house changed everything.

I hanged my head and jumped off the couch. I walked down the hallway off to our bedrooms. When I finally got to mine, I pushed open the door. I went to my closet, getting a big duffel bag, and the box of dads things.

I picked everything of his in there, and walked to my dresser getting the pictures of me and Benny, and my most prized possessions.

I got another bag and put clothes that belonged to me and Lucy in one. Then zipped it up throwing it on the bed.

"Cam do you have a bag to put your stuff in?" I called out to him.

No answer.

"Cam?" I called again.

I walked out of the door and looked in his room, seeing he wasn't there, then I sighed as I opened moms door, but he wasn't there either.

I walked out to the kitchen and living room, but they once again, weren't there.

I turned around to the sound of noise, seeing the front door open. I walked over to the door, stepping out to see the gang standing there.

"What happened?" Benny asked.

I looked at Cam and Lucy who stood there, not daring to say anything.

"Guys, we are going to have to leave for a little while." I mumbled.

"What do you mean 'you have to leave'?" Benny asked stepping closer to me.

"I-I can't-" I got cut off.

"Naomi?" Benny paused, "What happened?"

I broke, "My mother just killed herself right in front of me tonight. It's my fathers death anniversary, she couldn't handle it, and killed herself or something. Th-They are trying to put us in foster care and spilt us up. I need to get the hell out of here." I explained and ran back into the house, with him following.

"Naomi, calm down, look at me." He said turning me around, "You can come and stay at my house. No worries."

"Benny, you don't understand, it's not how it works. I have to go into foster care after something like this happens, it's the law. If I were to be hiding out at your house you and your whole family could get into trouble." I paused looking down, "I just need to leave the state for a little while."

"Naomi." He breathed.

I walked back to the bedrooms getting my two bags and getting one from my mothers room, since Cam didn't have one.

As I was opening her closet, I noticed she still has his clothes on one side of the closet, the left, it was always his side. I pulled out a t-shirt of his and getting a bag from the top of the closet.

I closed the door and turned to see Benny standing there taking in the scene.

"Is this where she killed herself?" He asked just above a whisper.

I nodded walking toward to the door, not wanting to be in this room any longer. I pushed Benny out of the room, closing the door behind me, then walked back into Cam's room.

"This is crazy." Benny said putting his hands above his head.

I gave a weak smiled, "Everyone is a little crazy."

"That's not what I meant Ni." He looked down, "Where are you going to go?"

I shrugged opening one of Cam's dresser drawers, "Hopefully somewhere away from here."

"Will you ever come back?"

That question, I didn't even how to answer it, "I don't know Benny." I answered continued to pack, not even looking at him.

"Then what about us Naomi?" He came over to stop me.

I looked up at his face, "Benny."

He sighed sitting down on the bed, "I don't want you to leave Naomi."

I sat down next to him, "I don't want to leave either Benny."

"Then don't! Stay here with me! You can stay at my house and we can keep it a secret." He started.

I sighed looking up at him, "Do you understand the trouble you could get into?"

"Screw what they have to say. Like you once told me, never play by the rules unless your in a game. This isn't a game. So don't play by the rules." He tried to convince me.

"Benny." I mumbled, "I cant do that-"

"Naomi, please." He begged, "I can't lose you too Naomi. I can't. I just got you, how can I lose you in the same day?"

I looked down biting my lip then looking back up, being my face close to his and started to kiss him.

And I can tell you, it was probably the best kiss I had with him.