4

-listen to the song, Dynasty by Miia-

Naomi's P.O.V.

Flashback

June 26, 1962

I pull away from the kiss smiling, "C'mon before they think that we're doing something we shouldn't be."

We walk out of the house with 4 different bags and the car keys. I looked over over at the group of guys standing out there watching as me and Benny walk out of the house.

I walk over to the pickup that sat in our driveway, throwing our bags in the bed of it.

"Where are you guys going?" Squints asked.

"I don't know, I just know I need to get out of here." I explained, "Hold on, I have some things still in the house that I haven't got yet."

I walked back in, going to my bedroom, getting the jar of cash I had in my closet, "How could I forget this?"

I look around my room making sure I didn't leave anything behind. Well leave behind something worth to me. As I look around, I didn't see anything, so I shrugged walking out.

"So this is really it?" DeNunez asked.

I look down at my feet, "Don't take it like we'll never see you again. Maybe in the future when things are calming down we'll come back or something."

"And how long do we have to wait for that?" Tommy added.

I look back up at them, "I don't know."

"We're going to miss you Ni." Yeah-Yeah mumbled.

I have a weak smile, "Trust me, I will too."

"Some more than others." Cam popped off.

I messed up his hair, "Shut up."

"I can't think like this man. This is beyond crazy. I really hope this is a dream and I'm going to wake up from it." Bertram commented.

"I really wish it was too." I mumbled.

"Just today, I was going on a date with you. We met our favorite baseball players of all time. I even asked you to be my girlfriend. Then your mom, and now the cops." He paused looking at his feet, "All in one day."

I started to tear up, "I'm so sorry."

"Why are you sorry?" Smalls asked.

"You guys are my best friends. I've only been here for what? 4 weeks maybe. But man I didn't expect me to leave this soon. I didn't even expect to make any friends while I was here. If it weren't for Benny, I wouldn't have had the balls to even go to the sandlot and prove you guys wrong about girls not being able to play baseball." I sighed, "As much as I want to stay here with you guys, I need to get out of here before the police get here. They saw me ran out of the station, so I know they could have been following me."

"Someone we all know and love once said, 'Hero's get remember but legends never die.' And Ni, you are a legend. Hopefully you won't forget us like we won't forget you." Ham speeches.

"There is no way that I could possibly forget you guys. I would never dream of it. Please, even if I've only known you guys for 4 weeks, give girls a chance, okay? Not every girl is the exact same, we can be something different then what you may except." I paused. I smile at them, "And you guys better remember, 'Never play by the r-"

"Rules unless it's a game." They finished.

"We will." Smalls grinned at me.

I walked over to the car putting Lucy in her car seat in the backseat and giving her, her camera. I closed the door, as Cam was getting in the passenger.

I hugged everyone after they gave me their words of encouragement.

I walked to Benny last.

"I really hoped my first girlfriend would have lasted more then a day." He joked.

I smiled looking down at the ground, "Trust me honey, this ain't over." I paused looking down at the ground then back up at him, "I'm going to miss not seeing your face everyday. You sure knew how to make me feel special, and learned to live life again without my worries. I'm really going to miss my best friend."

He started to tear up too, so he pulled me into a hug and rested his head on top of my head, "I'm going to miss you to Ni. I can't imagine not having you next to me." He paused as we broke our hug, "You're my favorite person ever."

I chuckled as tears fell down my face, "You're my favorite person too."

He starred at me for a few seconds, then smashed his lips into mine.

After a few moments of the kiss, he backed away.

"Remember." I mumbled looking at him.

"What?" He asked.

"Remember me please." I started

"How could I forget you?" He asked.

I wiped away a tear that fell, "As much as I want to say that no one could, anyone would. Just please, I can't lose you like you can't lose me."

"You'll never lose me. I'll never lose you." He paused, as he wiped a tear that had also fallen. "It's so hard to say goodbye." He mumbled.

"I know." I mumbled, I kissed his cheek and then backed away from him, "I'll see you guys later, okay? Don't forget about me, ya here?" I paused again, "Where ever I end up, I'll write you so you know that I'm okay."

He nodded slowly, crossing his arms.

I opened the driver side door, and that's when I heard the sirens not far from where we were standing.

I looked in a panic at them, "Bye guys. I love you." I said jumping into the truck.

"Bye Naomi!" They yelled back waving.

I let some tears slip, and waved back. I turned on the truck, putting it into gear, and pulled out of the drive way.

"Bye Cam! Bye Lucy!" They continue as I pulled out.

I'm not really aloud to be driving, but hell, I was the one that drove us to this damn place since my mom was too drunk to even stand.

"And we're off again." Cam mumbled.

"I know kid. It really sucks." I patted his back.

"Where are we heading this time?" 

"Minnesota? We've never been there before." I shrugged.

"That's so far Naomi." He complained.

"Maybe we can start playing hockey." I smirked and chuckled.

"No. Not happening." He said almost too quick.