11

Naomi's P.O.V.

Flashback

July 9, 1962

Its been a very long two days without coaching this team. Today, I got here to the rink very early so I knew I would be able to coach.

Ever since Mr. Big shot got here, I haven't been able to do anything. I mean really, this is my team, I was coaching first. Just because the stupid state tells you that you have to do something, doesn't necessarily mean to kick me to the crib.

I was pleased with what I was doing too. Like coaching was kinda a distraction from everything that fled my mind. The thought of the boys was constantly there, mainly Benny.

Even my mom was there, she became to be in my nightmares actually. It was usually the same dream. Where she had the gun to her head, but instead of her killing her self, she killed me. That's when I would wake up in a cold sweat.

Just the thought gave me the creeps.

"Guy! Pass it! Pass it!" I yell out watching them play.

"They've been doing better, have you noticed?" I hear next to me.

I look over to see Mr. Big shot, I roll my eyes, looking back at the team, "I'm sorry, what even is your name?"

"Gordon. Gordon Bombay." He answered as he sat down behind me.

That name was way to familiar to me.

"Gordon Bombay?" I mumbled pausing to myself, then I figured it out, "Wait, you used to play hockey, you played for the Hawks. You know my boss Han."

His eyes widened a little at me knowing him, "That still doesn't change that I don't like hockey."

"Okay Mr. Big shot, I really don't have time to hear you talk, like at all. You got what you wanted, to get under my skin, let me do the one thing I came here to do. That is to coach, if you want to be such a help, then give me pointers, don't take over the job." I said not dating to look at him.

"Why do you want to be the coach so bad?" He asked, standing next to me.

"It wouldn't make sense to you, so I'm not going to waste my breath." I huffed.

"Seems like it's pretty important to you." He added.

"Sure, let's just say that." I nodded along.

"You are one to not follow the rules. I see, you want to be coach to make up your own, you like to be in control." He said, putting pieces together.

I rolled my eyes, "Seems like you know everything don't you?"

He shook his head, "Not everything, but I sure do know how to play hockey. Which is why you should let me be the coach, or at least give you pointers to make this better."

"Ya' know, Mr. Big shot-"

"Coach Bombay." He corrected.

"Yes, Mr. Shithead, listen," I paused, "I want the best for this team. I want them to win, and like you said, you want to be apart of a winning team. Since I don't know much about real hockey, maybe it is better for you to coach."