Comfort pt.2

Peter's POV

I'm already resigned to the fact that I'm going to pass out soon so I don't really strain myself to listen to the others. Unfortunately I forgot about my super hearing which means I can hear every worried whisper utter.

"Peter I'm so sorry. I shouldn't have let you do that you're basically a child." I could hear the thick guilt in her already thick accent. "If he even so much as looks at you I'll-"

"That's exactly what I didn't want to happen!!" I cut her off with a shout. My droopy eyes wide open and drowsy mouth ready to bite her guilt away if it comes to that.

"I. Am. Not. A. Child" I spat through gritted teeth. "Do you know how much torture I've been through? I spent hours mutilating myself so Ross wouldn't think he had the upper hand. I'm not a child but I have my whole damn life ahead of me and to hell if I'm not gonna fight tooth and nail to make sure it stays that way!!"

I sit back down and try to steady my breathing again. I don't want to get too angry. "Even before this happened. I stopped being a child the first time I saw Aunt May and Uncle Ben stress out over the house payments. So no. You didn't LET me do anything Wanda. I saw someone in need of help and I did what I do best. Distract and annoy the enemy until the Innocents can escape. Do I get hurt? Yes Do they get hurt? No. And that's all that matters."

"You matter too." They all say in unison. "Not as much as they do." I respond basically subconsciously. I immediately regret it, not because it's not true because it is, but because I know how they'll react to that.

"Who the fuck told you that!?!"
"I'll kill them."
"You can't actually believe that."
"That's just some straight up bullshit."
" What's their name? I just want to talk."

"No one told me that it's just a general fact." I told them, although I doubt it's gonna do anything to calm them down.

"What if they're not innocent?" Wanda asks quietly. All the others stop talking and wait for my answer.

"I save them as well. I have to be better than the villains I fight." I answer simply, like there couldn't be another answer. I can see Clint rolling his eyes in my peripheral vision but I stay focused on Wanda since she looks serious.

"When do you get a break?" Wanda whispered like she was afraid of the answer. I could see she already knew the answer.

"When I collapse from exhaustion." I replied as serious as I could when all I really wanted to do was rest.

"Kid, that's not healthy." Sam exhaled and dragged his hands down his face.

"I obviously know that. But do you think criminals care if I'm sleeping or eating right? No they don't, I can't just abandon people just cuz I'm a little tired." I get they think they have to be all protective because I'm a 'kid' but I don't like how they're acting like they don't know what it's like.

"Ok we get it. Calm down Pete. I'm not saying I agree with you methods because I care about you but I can respect that you are a genuine hero I just hope you take care of yourself more in the future." Clint conveyed the importance of his words by looking me straight in the eye.

I didn't trust my voice so I just nodded and looked away. I could see that they actually cared about me so I knew I had to say something reassure them.

"I know it doesn't really seem like it but I don't plan on dying anytime soon. You guys don't really know me I'm going to reintroduce myself. Hey, I'm Peter Parker I'm bisexual and have a boyfriend. I only have two friends, Ned and MJ. Ned, MJ, Wade and I go to local protests in New York. Everything from Gay rights to women's rights. We also volunteer at the local homeless shelter and animal rescue center. I like Star Wars and LEGOs, I'm a bit of a nerd but Wade says it's cute."

I stop for a bit to gather my thoughts while the others laugh a bit at that last thing.

"I know life is gonna be hard. Hell, I know that when I get out of here I'm gonna be messed up. Don't worry I'll go to a therapist, I'm not interested in repressing my trauma like the other superheroes. I know life's gonna be hard but as long as I have my friends and family, I'll be good to go."