The calm before the storm

Peter's POV

I slowly wake up, blinking tears and sleep from my eyes and I pull myself up from the couch. I look around to see that everyone is in the little kitchenette on the right side of the room. I shuffle over there sleepily and accept the coffee that MJ hands me.

I walk to where Wade is sitting eating pancakes. Steve is manning the stove and making all sorts of breakfast food. He sees me and puts a plate in front of me. It's piled high with pancakes eggs bacon and toast.

As everyone ears and wakes up fully some people start making small talk. Thankfully, nobody talks to me since I'm not fully awake yet. As some more time passes I can see that Pepper is tired of just sitting around.

"This entire situation is going to be a big legal spat so I'm going to call my lawyers and get a game plan ready." She says, finishing the last bite of her toast and getting up.

"What do you mean?" May asked. The others looked a little confused as well some had a look of panic on their faces. Tony, Rhodey and Happy looked apprehensive.

"I mean that since Peter is spiderman and hasn't signed the accords, Ross was in his rights to have taken him." Before she could finish everyone started arguing. Before they could descend into chaos she whispered sharply to get their attention.

"Save your questions, comments and/or concerns for when I'm done talking. Now, Peter is a minor so I'm going to exploit that advantage. I'm also going to call for further discussion on the accords that way the rogue avengers can stay here for the time being and participate in the discussions when they come."

Everyone falls silent, they all seem appeased with her statements. I can see them all thinking it over and agreeing to it in their heads. I hear movement on my right and look to see Wade raising his hand like in class.

"You don't have to raise your hand Mr. Wilson." muffled laughter follows but Wade's not paying attention to that.
"Sorry I didn't want to risk it. You're scary." He excuses innocently.

"Thank you Mr.Wilson." she appraises, flattered. "No problemo. Anyway I have a little request that would be for the benefit of everyone."

"What would that be?" Everyone in the room looks as curious as she sounds. "Can you get Matt Murdock from Nelson and Murdock on your little team of lawyers he's based in Hell's Kitchen." He requests completely serious.

"I will get on that immediately. Thank you for the recommendation." She says already writing it down on her tablet notebook. She asks the room for anymore questions before kissing Tony on the cheek and walking away.

We're all left in silence finally realizing that we have to sort out bad blood between us if we want this to work out for all parties involved. Tony claps his hands, startling everyone in the room.

"Well, let's get this therapy session started. Shall we?"