Soba

(Y/N)'s pov

I was walking outside.

'Finally! Finally away from that orphanage! Freedom!'

I shouldn't be outside right now actually. Our orphanage only allows children who are 16 or above to go out. However, thanks to my independence, I can leave that place once in the 2 weeks.

'Where should I go to today? Oh! I know! The park! But it's pretty far away and I'm pretty lazy...
You know what? I'll just go, I mean, I haven't been there in like 3 months.'

I walked down the streets. Looking around I see...
A lot of people, a lot of stores, a lot of advertisements, a soba shop.

'Wait, a soba shop?'

I looked at it.

'Yamamura?'

It had a nice vibe coming from it. Very...welcoming! And not to mention the smell. The smell of fresh made soba.

'Maybe I'll go here someday.'

After 15 minutes of walking, I reached my destination. I saw a nice blossom tree. Like in those manga or anime where the girl and boy stand under the tree and confess. And how it then starts raining blossoms.

'I don't remember this standing here. Ah, well. Nevermind. It's beautiful and calm, so there is nothing to complain about. And maybe there's a guy who confesses to me! Lol!'

I sat down underneath the tree and started reading a new book of mine. On wattpad of course.

I've read a little to a lot of chapters and started to get tired. I put in my earplugs and closed my eyes for a while.

Peace..

Silence...

Calmness...

And who am I kidding?

There were some annoying girls who thoughed that they were alone in this world and put on really loud music.

'I swear. Even a concert is nothing compared to this.'

I was about to turn the volume of my music up, hoping that I could block them out when I heard them saying.

"Aren't they the best! They're so cute and hot!"

"Not to mention really talented!"

"Indeed! Look at their dancing. So clean!"

"Well, that's Yoatome productions for you."

'Wait? What?! Ya...Yaotome?!?! That's it! I'm so out of here!'

I stood up and planned to walk back to the orphanage. As I was walking, I saw that soba shop again.

'Should I?'

I grabbed my phone and looked at the time. 17:42 it said.

'It wouldn't hurt.'

I walked in. The place was almost empty. Just how I like it. Nice and quiet. I sat down at a table and looked at the menu. After some time, an elderly man walked towards me. He greeted me with the warmest smile I've ever seen. I couldn't help but to smile back.

"What would you like, sweetie?" He asked.

~~~~~~~
'No, sweetie. I'm not. And what makes you think I'm sneaking out of the house. I've never done such a thing before.'
~~~~~~~

That smile on my face disappeared as fast as I came. Remembering my mother calling me 'sweetie' al the time.

"Are you alright?" The man asked.