Family

Y/N's pov

Knock! Knock!

'I could hear the sound of constant knocking.'

Knock! Knock!

'No matter how hard I try to block it out...'

Knock! Knock!

'It doesn't work. It becomes louder.'

Y/N...
Y/N...

'Someone's calling me.'

Wake up...

'I need to...

Wake up...'

I opened my eyes. I was sitting on chair, my upper body hanging over my desk. I was still wearing the clothes I wore yesterday.

"Y/N! If you don't answer me between now and ten seconds I will come in!"

'Mr. Smith? Wha- wait...
What time is it?!'

10:56

~~~
"When does that producer come?"

"Tomorrow, 11:00 AM."
~~~

'Shoot.'

"I'm up! DON'T come in!"

"Up?! The producer is already here!"

"I'll be there as soon as possible!" I yelled as I put on a new shirt.

"Just hurry up." He said and left.

I looked in the mirror.

It looked like I died.

24 years ago.

I brushed my hair and tried to tame it. It kinda worked. There is nothing I can do about my face though.

I walked out the door.

'I can do this. I'll become an idol. I'll get adopted.

I'll prove them wrong.'

I walked in the common area and saw mr. Smith with a man. The man had blond hair and a friendly smile on his face. His eyes however, were closed.

'Why does he look so familiar?'

"Y/N. Glad you're here." Mr. Smith said. He then turned towards the man. "I'll leave you two be."

Mr. Smith then left.

'Well, this is awkward.'

"Ehm... Shall we sit down?" I asked.

"Sounds like a fine idea." The man responded.

"Well, I'm L/N Y/N. But you probably already knew."

He chuckled.

"Yes, I knew that much. I'm Takanashi Otoharu. Nice to meet you."

"I'll just go straight to the point. You are a producer, right?"

"I am. I'm the producer of Takanashi Productions."

"I see. Why do you want to take care of me?"

"Because you have great talent. You can sing, dance and write. You don't see that much people with so many talents very often. I also think you would be a big help."

'Again, the same story.'

I was about to speak, when he started talking again.

"And I think you'll fit perfectly in our family!"

"Wait, what now?" I asked shocked. "You want me to be part of your family?"

He laughed.

"Of course! That's what you call 'being adopted'. That's why I'm here. Yes, you have lots of talent and yes, you would be a great help in the business, but you would also make a great daughter!"

Speechless. I was absolutely speechless.

'This is new.'

"And judging from when we first met, I think you have a nice personality! I bet you and my daughter would get along well!"

"Ho, wait. We met before?" I asked.

"We did. It was quite a short moment and it was about 2 years ago."

'2 years ago...'

~~~
He extended his hand out towards me.

"It's cold on the ground, you know? You should better get up."

I smiled slightly and took his hand.
~~~

'He was the man that I bumped into last year when I was on my way to...

To that place.'

"I remember." I said, looking down.

He smiled.

"You do? That's great."

"So, just to get this straight. You want to adopt me, be part of your family and want to make me an idol?"

"That's what I said. But about making you an idol... I must apoligize, because I first have an other big project and I want you to be part of it. After that I would love to make you an idol!"

"A big project?"

"An idol group! And if you say yes, I want you to be the choreographer and the singing coach of the group. You will work together with my daughter. She will be their manager."

"That's a big responsibility. Why do you think I'm suited for the job?" I said sighing.

"As I said, you have great talent. And we have enough time to prepare. So what do you say? Do you want to accept me as your new father?" He said chuckling.

"And what about your daughter? Does she agree with all of this?"

He placed his hands on my shoulders, making me look at him. He opened his eyes. He had beautiful pinkish/reddish eyes.

"Of course she does! We have been thinking about this together for a long time and now we finally made the decision. We both would love to have you in our family. She was really sad that she couldn't come with me today."

I could feel tears welling up. I was just so happy. I was longing to hear these words. I can't believe it. This man wants to be my father, wants to take care for me. Not only because I had talent and could make money for his company, but he wants me for me.
I couldn't resist and gave him a hug. I let the tears stream down my face. I could feel him hugging me back, patting my head.

"Thank you for saying that. I've been wanting to hear these words for so long."

I hugged him tighter.

"Thank you."

He pulled back from the hug en wiped my tears away.

"I should be thanking you. Thank for giving me and my daughter a chance."

And then he said it.

"Y/N, I welcome you to the Takanashi family!"