Ranking Harry Potter Movies And Books

I feel like I'm giving alot of attention to Marvel lately but that's just because they've been killing it lately, what with Endgame out, Spider-Man Far From Home out and then they announced their Phase 4 movies.
But I've decided I want to go back and talk about a franchise that I hold near and dear to my heart. This franchise was the nail that hit the coffin on me becoming a nerd and a geek.

I'm of course talking about Harry Potter.
Now bit of a backstory, I was about 10 years old when Sorcerer's Stone came out in theaters. I remember seeing the trailers and saying that that looked interesting and asked my parents to take me to see it. Well, my dad and his friend and his friend's daughter took me to go see Sorcerer's Stone and, as they say, the rest is history.

I fell in love with this movie, I mean when it came out on DVD, I watched it over and over, the same for Chamber of Secrets. Heck, I could still quote probably both the 1st and 2nd movies, in full right now....that's how much I've watched them lol.

But I didn't know that this series was a book until after Chamber of Secrets came out in theaters. I saw the 1st book on a shelf at a store and I remember asking for it. But my parent said we didn't have the money at the time to get them.

I also want to say that I wasn't much of a reader. I always had problems with reading when I was young. I could read picture books just fine like Bernstein Bears and any Dr Seuss books but like actual chapter books with no pictures? I had problems with reading them. My parents wanted me to read older children's book but I refused. 

Until my mom bought the first four books of Harry Potter that she got on sale. She handed them to me and basically said, have at it. So I went and read Prisoner of Azkaban first cause I was dumb and was like well I've seen the first two movies they can't be different from the books. So Prisoner of Azkaban was the first Harry Potter book I read and from then on I became fan of the series.

Anyway, so I've been thinking about ranking both the books and the movies of Harry Potter, and yes I'm gonna include the Fantastic Beasts movies. They are a part of the world of Harry Potter and this is my list...I'll do what I want lol.

So here we go! First I'm gonna rank the movies then I'll rank the books!

MOVIES

10. Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince

This movie is the weakest Harry Potter movie to me. They really screwed up this one by mostly focusing on the relationship between characters, which wasn't really a big deal in the books. Voldemort's backstory was pushed aside in this movie when it was the biggest part in the books.

Also the mystery of the Half-Blood Prince was pretty much forgotten in the movie when in the book, Harry was obsessed with finding out who the Half-Blood Prince was. The movie, you kinda forget about that until Snape brings it up at the end.

Also they didn't do Harry and Ginny's relationship very well, I mean you kinda forgot about Ginny after Chamber of Secrets. I mean awkward teen romance is fine but they made it too awkward. Idk maybe that's just me.

9. Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows pt. 1

I didn't like that they split this movie into two parts when Goblet of Fire or Order of the Phoenix deserved that better but whatever, when most of the book mostly focused on them hiding and camping. They could've easily cut down the camping scenes in this movie and put together the second part. Plus I wouldn't have minded seeing a three hour movie! Look at Endgame and Lord of the Rings!

Anyway, I know this movie is build up to the finale but this one was a little boring cause I felt that it was a little slow at parts.

8. Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban