Thoughts on Toy Story 4

I know, I know....I'm late to this one but I just got back from seeing this movie from this small theater near me. It was only like $4 to see it lol.

Anyway, Toy Story! These movies have been my childhood! I literally grew up with this franchise. The first one came out in came out in 1995...I was four years old. Yeah, that should tell you guys how old I am now. Then Toy Story 2 came out in 1999, so I was 8 and Toy Story 3 came out in 2010, I was graduating high school so I was technically the same age as Andy was in the 3rd movie.

And now here we are with Toy Story 4...
When I heard that this was being made, I thought to myself Why are they making a 4th one? The 3rd one was a perfect ending! There doesn't need to be anymore! Disney is just milking the franchise now!

But after seeing this movie, I'm actually kinda glad I saw it. It was a good and cute movie. But to be honest, IMO, it really didn't have to be made. Like I said, the ending to Toy Story 3 was perfect and they could go do some shorts of the characters like they did with Halloween and Christmas.

I already made closure with the franchise and when this movie came along, I was very worried. But it was put to rest once I saw this movie. And weirdly enough, this movie actually made me care about Bo Peep. I never really cared for Bo as she really was never shown in the movies that much and then in the 3rd one she was just written out, though the first few minutes of this movie shows what happens to her.

The first few minutes of the movie, she was showing more personality than the other times she's been in this franchise. I did feel alittle sad for Woody when she was taken away to another family since Molly didn't want her anymore and he watches her be taken away in the van of the new owner.

Forky was a character I was worried about cause I was worried he was going to be an annoying character but he was actually pretty funny. Who knew a toy made out of a spork and other craft items with an existential crisis would be pretty funny.
Him jumping in the trash and Woody pulling him out or doing his best to stop him was pretty funny. 

I thought the joke with Buzz listening to his "inner voice", being his voice box buttons, was alittle odd but it was cute and I laughed every time it happened.

Also those dummies were terrifying, although not as terrifying as the clapping monkey from the 3rd movie (that monkey still gives me nightmares).

Gabby Gabby I thought would be like a bad guy but she really wasn't. She just wanted to be play with by this girl named Harmony but she felt like she wasn't perfect because her voicebox was broken and she wanted Woody's voicebox since his was in perfect condition. 

Eventually, Woody does agree to giving Gabby his voicebox in exchange for Forky, since he was very important to Bonnie, and they take out his voicebox which I was afraid that meant killing Woody but no it didn't happen like that. So Gabby gets the voicebox then gets Harmony's attention and it seems like her plan works but Harmony tosses Gabby in a box and walks away. This made me feel bad for Gabby but she does get a happy ending when Woody, Bo, Ducky, Duke, Bunny and Gabby head to the carousel, you know the one that goes around with the horses and the lights, and Gabby notices this little girl who looks lost. So Gabby pretty much gives her comfort and the girl takes her as she goes up to an officer and said she's lost. The girl does reunite with her parents and takes GabbyGabby with her, which I thought that was sweet and heartwarming.

Like I said, this movie made me like Bo alittle bit more, she was kinda cool in this movie. Apparently two years after being with that new family, they put her into this antique shop and she's been staying in that shop for like seven years I think she said and has been a lost toy ever since. She basically runs around and makes sure some other lost toys get play with other kids when they come to the park.

Ducky and Bunny were pretty funny, I mean the guys were voice by Key and Peele so that would explain their humor. 

Also this has been Keanu Reeves' year hasn't it? He had John Wick 3 earlier this year then this movie as Duke Kaboom, who was hilarious, and then announced he was gonna be in a game called Cyperpunk 2077, which I preordered cause the game looks amazing!

And now....I gotta talk about the ending. And if you guys are wondering, yes I did cry. So the ending is basically Woody decides to stay with Bo and travels the country with her as Buzz and the others stay with Bonnie, who seems to have forgotten about Woody.

Which can I say was alittle weird especially when Andy told her that Woody was a very important and very special toy and asked her to take care of him and the others and she said Yeah. But in this movie she was like Screw Woody! I'll play with the other toys. Idk I felt that alittle odd but I digress...

But that last moment between Woody and the gang was so emotional and heartbreaking that I couldn't help but let the tears fall. Like I said, I grew up with these characters and it was kinda hard to see them apart. 

And you know this ending kinda reminded me Captain America's ending in Endgame a little bit.

I mean Woody says goodbye to his friends.

Cap says goodbye to his friends.

Woody passes down the title of Sherriff to Jesse.

Cap passes down the mantle of Captain America to Sam, which I still think it should've gone to Bucky but whatever.

And Woody leaves to be with the one he loves.

Cap goes back in time to be with the woman he loves cause that's all he ever wanted.

And both characters have been away from these women for a long time and still held feelings for them even after all this time.

Oh and Buzz and Woody both saying To Infinity and Beyond...freaking tears!!

But anyway, all in all, I did enjoy this movie but I still think the 3rd one was better and had a better ending, nothing is gonna top that ending of Andy passing his toys down to Bonnie and he waves goodbye to them and leaves then Woody says "So long, partner." Makes me cry everytime! And I can't wait to get this on DVD and start watching all 4 movies back to back.

So what did you guys think of the movie, comment below and tell me! I'd love to hear you guys' thoughts on the movie!