Halloween Party (Luke Hemmings)

Because its Halloween soon, I had to put this in :)- L

Note: You and Luke Hemmings are best friends and he's hosting his annual Halloween party. You've had a crush on a guy called Mark for some time but you're too embarrassed to say anything, especially to Luke because he's close to Mark.

After picking out an outfit and being harassed by your friends for it being too 'frigid' you've gone with something a little more out there than you'd usually pick. You hope to impress Mark. Luke fancies you but you're oblivious.

Luke's POV:

I rub my hands on my thighs, trying to calm my nerves. She's coming tonight and want it to be the night where I make my move. I'm so nervous. People start to flood in, the bass is pounding and I down a few shots, knowing that's the least I'll need for my confession. She strolls in with two friends and my heart stops. She's wearing a pair of tight leather shorts and a matching black leather crop top along with a headband that has cat ears attached. Her face is made up like a kitten with whiskers and a black nose. She has black heels on that make her legs look 100 times longer than they normally do. She looks so perfect and sexy as hell.

"Holy shït man, is that Y/N?" Calum whistles at the girl I can't take my eyes off of. She spots me and waves, I swallow and run a hand through my hair as she makes her way over.

She does a little spin as she gets nearer, showing me every inch of her outfit. Damn, she makes it difficult for me to breathe.

"So, what do you think?" Y/N grins and can help but grin back, her smile is infectious.

"You look fücking hot Y/N," Michael interjects, and she laughs before slapping his arm. They both have good banter. Calum, Ash, Michael and I all decided to dress up as superheroes. I made sure I picked Batman because I know that's Y/N favourite hero.

"Is Mark here, Luke?" My heart sinks at the mention of his name. Mark fancies Y/N too, I can tell by the way he looks at her. It hurts and I can't help but wish that I hadn't invited Mark. I don't want to ruin our friendship but I really want Y/N to be mine, I can't help but be selfish when it comes to her.

I shrug and Y/N grabs a drink off the couter before swallowing it in one gulp and taking another one.

"I'll catch you later, I'm gonna go dance." Y/N walks off and into the mass of sweaty bodies that crowd my living room.

After a while, I decide to stop wallowing and putting off telling Y/N how I feel so I push off the group of needy girls that surround me and try to spot Y/N in the crowd. Even with heels on, her 5"1 body is still tiny and I have difficulty finding her. Finally I spot her little kitten ears bobbing around, as I look closer I notice she has her arms around someone else's neck. She's leaning in close and as they dance, I notice its Mark. A pang of jealously sparks in my gut and I quickly turn away but not before Ashton sees me.

"Dude, I'm so sorry," he motions towards Y/N who is now locking lips with Mark. I shake my head, wanting to erase that memory from my mind. She picked him, of course she did because I never made my intentions clear. Not like I'd have a chance anyway, Mark was exactly what she needed.

Suddenly this party feels too small, too crowded. I need to escape. I run outisde, craving fresh air. The warm evening breeze hits me and before I know it I can taste salt on my lips. I don't notice I'm crying, I don't even care. There are a few people outside, kissing couples mostly. I lean back against the wall and sigh, I'm so angry with myself but there's nothing I can do. I can't stay here right now. I look back at the house as I jump over my fence and run down the road, the bass already fading as I put distance between me and the girl who broke my heart.

THERE WILL BE A PART 2, DON'T WORRY!