I

I've always found peace in the rain.

Why do people run from it?

People run and hide, leaving the streets empty and silent. I'm one of the few who dares to walk out in the rain because I enjoy the feeling of drowning my thoughts under grey clouds.

It's peaceful.

But tonight, as I'm standing in the rain, letting heavy water droplets soak my clothes, I only feel pain.

My cheeks are wet, and the rain is not to blame.

My eyes are shut tight, trying to stop the tears, but really, I close my eyes to reject my fears.

My lips quiver as they begin to part and with a soft voice I say, "J-"

"Jesus, May!"

My eyes shoot open, taking a few seconds to adjust to the rays of light filtering in as Kylie draws the curtains open.

"No!" I groan, pulling the bedsheets over my head to shield me from the light. "Five more minutes—"

"Your exam is in three hours, May!" Kylie insists and this time, the mention of my exam haunts away my sleep and I hastily run out of bed and jump into the shower.

"Why didn't you wake me up sooner?" I whine from the shower, scrubbing away the smell of cheese and crackers from last night's study.

Kylie's gasp can be heard all the way from the bedroom, and I laugh as my eyes roll from her typical reaction.

"I'm kidding!" I shout before she has time to go off on a rant about how little credit she gets for taking care of us.

"Brat."

I can practically see the eye-roll in her tone and I let out a giggle.

"I heard that!" I shout.

"You were supposed to!" She shouts back before a heavy slam announces she's left the room.

A few seconds of silence is enough to ease the tension knotting my muscles from the hasty morning. The water sprinkling from the showerhead kisses my skin like tiny punches from a bee, the feeling resembles a downpour of rain hitting my skin, and my mind flashes segments of the dream I was having before waking up.

The emotions felt so vivid as if I were reliving a memory. Slowly, my hand slides over my chest, softly rubbing where the pain ached.

I could physically feel the heart break.

"May!"

The sudden loudness that bounces off the bathroom's steamed walls catches me off guard, and I flinch, dropping my hand to my side as my eyes open wide.

The only color in my aesthetically white bathroom is a pair of blue orbs staring at me with a teasing smirk decorating his lips.

"What the hell, Ahn-ah!" My arms instinctively wrap around my breasts, and my legs awkwardly cross. "Get—"

"Were you touching yourself just now?" He asks, cocking a brow into the air questioningly.

My brows scrunch together, mouth parting with a gasp as my cheeks blush with embarrassment. "No!"

He laughs, shaking his head as his eyes roll since he obviously doesn't believe me.

"I wasn't!" I frown, suddenly forgetting that I was naked in the shower.

He shrugs. "You surprise me, May. I thought you were too innocent for those type of things—"

My cheeks blush a deeper pink now, and I narrow my eyes at him.