X

"If I'm ruining you right now, please forgive me."

When Jungkook, Jaehyun, Johnny, and Lee got on the stage with praises shouted into the air by the sweaty bodies on the dance floor, I realized they were a band. Desire is what they were called.

Jungkook was the lead vocalist, Johnny was the electric guitarist, Jaehyun the drummer, and Lee the pianist and back up vocal. Everybody in the crowd seemed to know who they were, because they sang each song on their setlist word for word with such passion and conviction. I understood why they were so incredibly in love with the band, they were amazing.

"Because you can't live without me."

It was obvious Jungkook and Lee earned the most attention. Being the vocalist, and Lee being the only female member, the fans naturally tried to create a connection between them. It wasn't all in their heads though because I noticed the chemistry between them, too. Their stage presence was captivating and totally thrilling as everyone waited anxiously for one of them to make a move. The intense gazes from eyes to lips and the sudden closeness during an intimate lyric were all leading up to a moment the fans were all waiting for, a passionate kiss.

"Because you know all of this."

However, the atmosphere had completely changed with their final song on the list. They'd started off powerful with heavy instrumental similar to heavy rock, later simmering down to alternative rock, and now into a soft, more mellow genre.

The harsh lights had simmered down and changed into a magenta theme to set a very sensual, sexy mood. People held their partners closely, moving slowly and sensually to the beat of the song.

And while some thought Jungkook and Lee would have the most connection during the sexy song, there was no interaction between them.

Instead, Jungkook had kept his eyes on me the entire time, his body attached to the mic stand while his hands skimmed up and down the stand, gripping and delicately twirling his fingers against the metal.

"I'm taking over you."

His voice was like the ocean. Strong and powerful with the ability to reach several notes; calm and soothing with breathy accents that rolled off his tongue like waves as the sun sets; graceful in all its splendor.

"I'm taking over you."

And as he ends the song with a breathy, light and airy voice, my lips act on their own accord and smile brightly.

The same lips that refused to touch his cheek when he held my hand and asked for a good luck kiss before heading on stage, the same lips that fought a smile at the beginning of his performance because he was such a great performer, those same lips stretched into a smile. I didn't want to cave, but his voice was beautiful. I caved long ago. 

The crowd cheered with new life, sad that their favorite performance was over. The next band took their place and Jungkook and his bandmates came down the stage our way.

"He's good, huh?" Lucy nudged my elbow to which I laughed and nodded in defeat.

"Yeah. It's annoying."

She laughed, nodding her head. We both turned towards the bar, stirring the alcoholic drink we had ordered. "That's Jungkook."

I liked Lucy. Before Desire's performance, she talked about how miserably untalented she was in the musical arts. Although she would love to join them, she'd rather not leave the audience deaf. She was, however, an artistic genius on canvases. She was an incredibly gifted artist, and although her career had not peaked just yet, she was still working hard for her big break.