XI

The sleeve of Jungkook's hoodie was dampened.

I could see my clumped lashes heavy with tears when I fluttered my eyes open. My panting breaths filled the silence of my room as Jungkook dried my cheeks with worried eyes.

"Shhh." He cooed with a soft smile when I was able to catch my breath and sat up.

I felt his worried gaze study each movement I made when I pushed my hair behind my ears and block the rays of sun with my hand.

"What time is it?" I ask, lowering my hand when I adjust to the brightness.

"Eight." He says softly, tilting his head to the side as he takes a closer look. "Are you okay? You were crying."

It wasn't new for me to wake up crying. Once in a while, I had woken up sobbing. During that time, Jimin would hold me tighter and we'd fall back to sleep in hopes of forgetting the same dream that would often awaken me.

I nod. "Yes, I'm okay. Just a bad dream." I smile, meeting his eyes before I drop my gaze to the open sketch pad on the bed.

I skim my fingers over the drawing, admiring the delicate strokes and defined details of what appears to be my face. My eyes are shut, long lashes resting at the tops of my cheeks while one cheek is pressed against the fluffy pillow and ringlets of hair curl over the pillow.

"You have a lot of sketch books." Jungkook voices. "This one was the only unused one."

I smile, unable to look away from the drawing. It was too detailed for a simple sketch. I studied it happily before my smile brightened when my eyes traced over Jungkook's signature at the bottom.

"I didn't know you drew so well." I smile when I look up at him. The lines on his forehead disappeared when the worry in his expression softened. Once again, he looked sweet and charming in his oversized hoodie.

He took the sketch pad, closing it and placing it on the night stand. "Not to brag or anything, but I'm good at everything."

I laughed when his hand cupped my cheek and his thumb brushed over my duey skin as if to make sure that the tears were dried. His palm was warm on my skin, and I wanted to nuzzle my cheek into his hand because of a sudden wave of security that washed over me.

But he pulled away too soon, and stood up from my bed. "Okay, you've had your sleep, and now it's time for some fun."

"Okay." I agree, because I knew that if I stayed home all day, I'd only think about Jimin holding Nora the way he used to hold me.

Because like he said, he really liked her and was only thankful toward me that I told her about her hematoma.

'Thank you, Doctor Kang,' he said with a soft smile as his eyes beamed with fondness toward Nora on the hospital bed.

I smiled with tears in my eyes, nodding because my throat was dry.

'I'll take good care of you, Nora.' Jimin told her, gripping her hand.

"Any day now." Jungkook's voice pulls me back to reality.

"Right. Uh— let me change."

While I scramble through my closet for an appropriate outfit, Jungkook makes himself comfortable on my bed with arms in the air and his phone in his locked between his fingers.

I assumed he was taking pictures because of the sudden flashes from his screen and the subtle posing.

I smile to myself, thinking he must look good in any angle. With my outfit, I make my way to my bathroom, leaving the door slightly open to discuss our plans with Jungkook.