VII

My eyes are shut tight, trying to stop the tears, but really, I close my eyes to reject my fears.

The news reporter's voice is suddenly loud in my head, and still, my eyes are closed because the images are too ugly and scary to keep my eyes one.

Please.

"Domestic flight 130 crashes shortly before it's arrival to Busan from Seoul. As of now, there are five reported survivors, 37 in critical condition, and the remainder pronounced dead on site."

My lips quiver as they begin to part and with a soft voice I say, "J-"

"Jesus, May!"

"Jimin." I'm panting for air and I'm drenched in sweat at my forehead and my neck.

The bedroom door is open and Kylie walks around the room with a look of determination.

All I can think about is Jimin while Kylie draws the curtains open and my eyes take a few seconds to adjust to the rays of light filtering in.

I'm home in bed. How did I even get here?

"Earth to May." Kylie shouts, snapping her fingers, catching my attention. "Your exam is in three hours, May!" Kylie insists and I narrow my eyes at her in confusion.

"Exams— what's are you taking about?"

Her face forms a grimace as she feeds me a ludicrous expression. She raised her arms, shoulders lifting in the process. "Are you insane? The most important day of the year. September 23."

She stops when she thinks my eyes widen because of realization, but it's quite the opposite.

"Yes!" She rejoiced. "You're intern exams— now get out of bed."

My mind is spinning, my lips smack together as I try to speak, but I've completely forgotten how to speak.

No.

"Kylie, what are you saying? Where's Jimin?" I demand, hastily running out of bed and gripping her forearm for answers.

"Maisie, what the fuck?" Her eyes narrow and she reached her free hand to my forehead. "What are you talking about? Who's Jimin?"

Her words rock my mind. She knows Jimin. He transferred into the resident program with her. We went out for dinner a few days ago with Ahn.

"Kylie." I beg, eyes watering because everything felt like Deja Vu, but in a foreign way.

"What's wrong?" She almost whimpers, growing worried with the tears forming in my eyes. "Talk to me. What's wrong?"

I shake my head. I need to clear my thoughts and the pounding in my head is making it all worse, so after pushing her out of the room, I take the quickest shower of my life.

When the towel is wrapped around my body, the sudden loudness that bounces off the bathroom's steamed walls catches me off guard as the door is busted open. I flinch and clutch on to the hem of the towel tighter around my body when I meet a pair of blue orbs. A sudden rush of memories hits me stronger than a tsunami.

"What the hell, Ahn-ah!" My arms instinctively wrap around my breasts, and my legs awkwardly cross. "Get-"

"Were you touching yourself just now?" He asks, cocking a brow into the air questioningly.

"I- I wasn't touching myself." I say without any thought and Ahn's fixed gaze on me softens.

"I wasn't asking." Worry floods his eyes. "Are you-?"