XVIII

I hate her.

Despite her grunge attitude, the lack of joy that shines on her face and the dark tones of her daily makeup, she was sweet. At least when it was convenient.

But most of all, Lee was bitter. Her feline eyes constantly carried a look of disgust with her chin tilted up pompously.

A combination of sweet and bitter, she was; like wine. Perhaps that is why Jungkook likes her.

She was beautiful, and I cannot compete.

Lucy kept her balanced-- well-- to some extent because she still barked back with a harsh remark at almost anything I said. I could see the exhaustion weighing on Lucy's shoulder's when I barked back before it became a constant bickering.

It wasn't my fault Lucy decided we should go shopping for Halloween costumes... together since we had all failed to buy a costume for tonight's Halloween party.

Luckily, I survived the past three hours searching for the perfect, 'sluttiest'  Halloween costume. I wasn't going to lie and say that I didn't like the idea of dressing a little scandalous on Halloween. Because, truth be told, an image of Jungkook checking me out made me want to dress a little differently.

The three of us raced inside the boys' apartment because they had kindly allowed us to use the extra guest room as our changing station.

Squished between Lucy and Lee, I barely caught Jungkook's eyes as we moved together to the stairs.

His eyes lit up, his stoic facial features softening as he glowed with a smile the second our eyes met.

It was straight out of a movie the way his eyes followed mine up the stairs until the wall blocked our eye contact. The glowing smirk on his lips was enough to get me giddy.

I guess, in the spur of the moment, the three of us put aside our differences and squealed the second we locked ourselves in the guest room. Noticing our silliness, we composed ourselves, moving to different corners of the room to get started on our makeup.

Not knowing what to do with my hair, I simply curled it and decided my makeup would be enough to glam-up the whole look. Thankfully, Lucy helped me placing the gems on my eyes and repeatedly applied highlight to the tops of my cheeks for a very glowy look.

We were just about done, helping each other zip up zippers, and adjusting the accessories. Johnny's continuous knocks on the door and obsessive 'are you ready yet' had us in a bit of a rush.

We were just thirty minutes over our planned departure time, but it wasn't a big deal.

This next part really took a lot out of me. I felt silly walking down the stairs behind Lee and Lucy, feeling like a teenager walking down the stairs in a prom dress as Johnny, Jae and Jungkook kept their eyes on us as we descended.

Jungkook's mouth was pressed into a fine line, jaw clenched while his eyes gazed at me like a descending angel. Quite literally. My Halloween costume was an angel— it was the best I could do being that I bought my costume the day of Halloween.

I didn't let Lee's strut past Jungkook go unnoticed, especially considering the way he completely ignored her to rush to me.

"Wow," he smirked. His fingertips brushed the velvet material of my top, skimming over my bare waist until his hands stopped over my hips, his grip tightening as he pulled me close to him. His chest was exposed, the buttons of his blouse were undone to reveal the carvings of his pecs.

Wow.

He chuckled when the white fur of the hem of my tube top tickled his chest. "You look good," He growled, devilish smile making my stomach flutter. He fit his costume quite well.